Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it possible to manually adjust the height of the HIDs on an MR?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evolution_racer
You're kidding, right
Actually he is not. That's why the cutoff on the passenger side is higher than the driver.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:07 AM

Except on the Right hand drive cars where it is the opposite.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
My HIDs aren't Even,, one is slightly higher than the Other, Alot of things are out of adjustment on my Car Come to think of it, I have been Fixing them Slowly by slowly. I just did the Clutch, It started Slipping on the Higway and I only 1500 miles, It turns out the Switch on the Top side of the Peadal was pushing on the Bar and Keeping the Pedal From coming all the Way up, but it was Easier to Adjust the Master Cylnder rod instead. This is From Factory, The rod had to be Turned 3 times Counterclockwise.
As some have said, that is done for a reason. Yes, it is to prevent blinding oncoming traffic, but also it is to help light up road signs which are usually positioned on the side of the road (your right). In Japan since they drive on opposite sides of the road the left side headlight aims higher and the right side aims lower.

Also, I would never go to Rt. 46 Mitsubishi. I bought my car from Maywood and they were really helpful and easy to work with. The only issue I have so far is that I have been calling for an entire week trying to have them bring in a LoJack installer to work on my car...

They havn't been too helpful with that.

-Carl