Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looking for experienced answers.... EVO IX MR SE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there is a guy floating around here with over 350 whp with a tuned exhaust cam, tbe mbc and drop in... so dont say the exhaust cam is useless... with his mods he will be in the 11's... he has more then i currently have and after friday i should post an 11 if all goes well with the car and it doesnt rain. i dont have the exhaust cam, 02 housing, and my tires are nowhere near as sticky as the stockers that he will be on.

oh and to the original poster, id go with the exedy clutch, i really didnt care for the act too much, although im sure there are people that like it... but i loved my exedy in my 03 as well as my 06 now... get in touch with mattgold from coximports... he will give you a great price
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just canceled order on the HKS cam before it was shipped. I guess that if the GSC's 280's are out in time I will get them if not I will be Camless.

-Nate
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
I just canceled order on the HKS cam before it was shipped. I guess that if the GSC's 280's are out in time I will get them if not I will be Camless.

-Nate

Great plan, and even if you have to get flashed/custom tuned just get it done... Save the time, money and energy, get the set from GSC or brian crower and then have a new map put in VIA ecu-flash to save you an extra $400....

I cant wait for them cams to come out.. I plan to pair it with some ALKY/METH and maybe a nice FMIC..

I am going to go the un-obvious route and see where the STOCK IX turbo will take me.. I would love to hit a 10 then again, people would love to hit that with a 35R

Only time will tell..

Best of luck, keep us posted!

BTW, i picked up some nice torque numbers with the manifold, and my top end feels stronger... and louder...