Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looking for experienced answers.... EVO IX MR SE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for experienced answers.... EVO IX MR SE

I just ordered this stuff today what numbers would you guys guess??? I will know on the 3rd of November but I was hoping that you guys might have an educated guess.

Here are the MODS for a EVO IX MR SE:

Buschur Intake Kit
HKS 272 Exhaust Cam
Ebay O2 Housing
Turbo XS Downpipe
Turbo XS Race Pipe
Turbo XS Cat Back
Slow Boy Racing Intercooler w/ UICP and LICP
Blitz SBi-D (Color) boost controller
Walbro 255Lph Fuel Pump
Arp Head Studs
ACT Heavy Duty Street disc Clutch
Jester Tuning will tune my EVO IX MR SE with the MODE 3 (M3) FLASH.

I will have Before and After Dyno runs and we will hit the Drag strip that night to show some true drag strip numbers.

-Nate
Old Oct 2, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Id say about 350-360 awhp on a dynojet. Keep us posted man
Old Oct 2, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Actually I forgot to mention but he is tuning it with a boost sensitive setting so that I can turn the boost up with race gas and essentially have two tunes on one chip.

BTW, it will be a Mustang dyno...

I am hoping for more than that on the Mustang dyno... LOL I also think that with race gas I will hopefully run in the mid 11's with good 1.6 60fts...

-Nate
Old Oct 2, 2006, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Oh with race gas yea youll be up there . On the pump I doubt youll see those numbers on a mustang dyno. GL though. IX's are very impressive
Old Oct 2, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Oh with race gas yea youll be up there . On the pump I doubt youll see those numbers on a mustang dyno. GL though. IX's are very impressive
Thanks man! I hope so too...

-Nate
Old Oct 2, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

The funny thing is that my car won't be here for 2-3 weeks from West Coast Mitsu... Damn Shipping takes too long.

-Nate
Old Oct 2, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Car wont be there for 2-3 weeks and you've already got that much stuff ordered? I need to be doing what your doing? What job do you have? jk
Old Oct 2, 2006, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

The truth is, it is called planning and saving. I have bought CD's, money markets and have multiple Savings accounts and much more.

I bargained for financing at 2.9% for 36 months on my old 2004 and now due to rising interest rates I got 3.25% on my '06 for 36 months. It will be paid off in 16 months once my CD cashes out.

I own my own Home that was built in 2004 cash out right. It is 4 bed/2 Bath/2200sq ft/2 car garage and all of the goodies.

Save and do without while you are younger and enjoy life when you get older.

Also, I never buy parts on a credit card that I cannot immediately pay off.

I am just a military member saving money from my regular salary.

I was saving and planning to buy the EVO X but, after reading how the engine would be shared with Dodge and Hyundai and it also shares the frame with the PT cruiser and Dodge Caliber, I realized that I needed to buy the last EVO before America ruines it.

Kinda like how we killed the 300ZX TT/ Toyota Supra/ RX-7 and many more....

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Oct 2, 2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
The truth is, it is called planning and saving. I have bought CD's, money markets and have multiple Savings accounts and much more.

I bargained for financing at 2.9% for 36 months on my old 2004 and now due to rising interest rates I got 3.25% on my '06 for 36 months. It will be paid off in 16 months once my CD cashes out.

I own my own Home that was built in 2004 cash out right. It is 4 bed/2 Bath/2200sq ft/2 car garage and all of the goodies.

Save and do without while you are younger and enjoy life when you get older.

Also, I never buy parts on a credit card that I cannot immediately pay off.

I am just a military member saving money from my regular salary.

I was saving and planning to buy the EVO X but, after reading how the engine would be shared with Dodge and Hyundai and it also shares the frame with the PT cruiser and Dodge Caliber, I realized that I needed to buy the last EVO before America ruines it.

Kinda like how we killed the 300ZX TT/ Toyota Supra/ RX-7 and many more....

-Nate
+1 for the last part! Nice planning too. My fiance is really good at planning and such. She works 35 hours a week at and eye doctor as a tech making only 8 dollars an hour plus some comission and we just managed to buy a tempurpedic bed. We just plan ahead like you said. Also im an auto tech student. If i wanted to after i get out i could get a job at BMW/Mini starting at 40k a year. Instead im going to University of Nevada at Reno to do internation business. Hopefully ill be looking at around 60k+ a year once i graduate from there! Hopefully then i can buy most the car parts i want!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

ON Pump 350-370 whp.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

There's an MR SE? I thought it was just a GSR SE?

[Edit: I see: You're getting an MR with the "Appearance Package." Same difference, I guess. Lovely car, although I still don't know why people ask about the results of engine mods to an "MR" or "MR SE" as though it had a different engine from the GSR or RS.]

Last edited by Rod Munch; Oct 3, 2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you will see good numbers... i just am not impressed with the IX MR SE... what is the point.. .pay more for red stitching and a slightly modded front bumper ? the only thing i like so far is that the MR is in black now... other than that, i just dont get the price increases....

on a more serious note, you will enjoy your ix, especially with those mods... word of advice, wait to put that clutch in for a little bit, the stock clutch isnt all that bad in the 05 and up... and you will get a few good track days out of it, as long as you dont 2 step it
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
you will see good numbers... i just am not impressed with the IX MR SE... what is the point.. .pay more for red stitching and a slightly modded front bumper ? the only thing i like so far is that the MR is in black now... other than that, i just dont get the price increases....

on a more serious note, you will enjoy your ix, especially with those mods... word of advice, wait to put that clutch in for a little bit, the stock clutch isnt all that bad in the 05 and up... and you will get a few good track days out of it, as long as you dont 2 step it
It's $500 for a different color (assuming you get black), and silver wheels instead of dirty gray/black. (Plus the lip and the stitching)

Mildly overpriced, but not by car option standards. =)
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJutsu
ON Pump 350-370 whp.
Thanks I definately hope that these are my #'s on pump and wanting 400 or a tad bit more on race gas.

I am hoping for mid 11's on race gas at 120 or more Mph.

Just wishfull thinking, but it would be nice.

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Oct 3, 2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
I just ordered this stuff today what numbers would you guys guess??? I will know on the 3rd of November but I was hoping that you guys might have an educated guess.
HKS 272 Exhaust Cam
UICP
Walbro 255Lph Fuel Pump
Arp Head Studs

-Nate

My guess will be... 290 Hp and 300 lbs. on race maybe 315/325 or above

Just so you have a relative position, i have basically the same mods.. However i got an exhaust manifold and no front mount.

On a mustang straight pump i made around 310 and 317 and on 104 blue 50/50 with 93 which is about 97 octane (3 gallons each not that much different) i pushed 325/330 on Buschurs Mustang Dyno(not even a second map).

Dont be dissapointed, though you have the right mods...
Fuel pump wont add any HP or free any up really on stock boost levels just better for the car when the car is running low on gas or HIGH boost levels with maybe race gas..
head studs wont help
upic pipe doesnt really do anything
and the hks exhaust cam could be considered a waste, since the IX cams are almost as aggresive as a 272 its proven that they are kinda useless...

Should wait till the GSC cams or the Crower cams come out very very soon.. Proven gains on IX's and get both for the price you prolly paid for that one...

Hope you make big numbers though, love seeing the IXs dominate the dyno

Quick Reply: Looking for experienced answers.... EVO IX MR SE