Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Nasioc(North Amercian Subaru Club) test drives a 06 Mitsu. Evo MR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Member on Nasioc(North Amercian Subaru Club) test drives a 06 Mitsu. Evo MR

Beware:

Long thread...misinformation...and a dose of hatorade!

I'm wrx8u82 on there. My previous sn when I owned a suby . I'm trying to defend the Evo's honor.

Notice member brian_i on there doesn't have a clue!

Remember enter only if you desire to read for awhile

Link:http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1102901

Last edited by dakind916; Oct 3, 2006 at 03:14 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

"I'm sorry, I could read a billion reviews saying how cool the Evo is, but I just can't buy a car made by a company that makes TVs."

haha dumb ***, tell him mitsubishi also made this...........http://www.aviation-history.com/mitsubishi/zero.html
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:52 PM

Tell him that he shouldn't buy subaru's because they make girlie looking garbage trucks and pumps.

http://www.fhi.co.jp/about/english/outline/index.html
http://www.fhi.co.jp/about/english/o...n/ecotech.html
http://www.fhi.co.jp/robin/index.htm

However, tell him to buy Mitsubishi's because we got the cool hong kong action hero, Jackie Chan as a part of the Mitsubishi family...hehe

Last edited by ForgivenEvo; Oct 2, 2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:02 PM

i like how you dissed NASIOC when the actual reviewer said nothing but complimentary remarks about the Evo. It was balanced and fair. I would hardly call it "haterade" as all his points were quite valid. oh well, some rivalries will never die.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR_Vengeance
haha dumb ***, tell him mitsubishi also made this...........http://www.aviation-history.com/mitsubishi/zero.html
Right on. My license plate reads A6M ZERO. Unfortunately, Nakajima Aircraft Company (which eventually became Fuji Heavy Industries, aka Subaru) provided the engine for the Zero.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Eh, good review from the thread starter. I was expecting much worse. I didn't go deep into responses... but im sure there is alot of hate.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, seems to me like the title should read "Member of NASIOC test drives car...and give it positive feedback"

The title makes it sound like NASIOC sponsored an Evo
Old Oct 3, 2006, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hexadec0079
i like how you dissed NASIOC when the actual reviewer said nothing but complimentary remarks about the Evo. It was balanced and fair. I would hardly call it "haterade" as all his points were quite valid. oh well, some rivalries will never die.
SVX owner huh? Is that Subaru svx. I don't think you read all the way through the thread .
Old Oct 3, 2006, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fittest
Yeah, seems to me like the title should read "Member of NASIOC test drives car...and give it positive feedback"

The title makes it sound like NASIOC sponsored an Evo
Agreed...changed the title.

Subawho...possible subaru...nm.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that they were much more fair to the evo than a lot of EvoM members would be to the Sti.

I personally like the Stis. the only (-) is that they understeer badly stock, I don't like the boxer engine note, and the new front end on the 06's and on is not visually attractive IMO.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

the OP in that thread wrote a good review.

i thought the review was quite accurate - i would have written something similar to that comparing my IX gsr and my friends 05 STi with bolt-on's.

as he said handling is what differentiates the evo/sti the most and i completely agree with this.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Greg K
I think that they were much more fair to the evo than a lot of EvoM members would be to the Sti.

I personally like the Stis. the only (-) is that they understeer badly stock, I don't like the boxer engine note, and the new front end on the 06's and on is not visually attractive IMO.
ditto on everythin said.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

The Subies are built tough!!! If I weren't going to mod at all I would buy a suby.

But since I couldn't do that I went with the EVO IX and will void warranty the 1st day of ownership. LOL

EVOs are just too mod friendly and have a lot of stamina even with mods.

BTW, who cares what some of the bottom feeders of the Suby website think about our car. When I sold my 300ZX TT, I had a guy in New York from the Philippines tell me that they use EVOs as Taxi Cabs and that they are crap there with no resale value. He then went on to continue to call my car a Taxi in all of my posts. He is a TwinTurbo.net bottom feeder and has a 15 year old car that he thinks rules over all. I wish that I were ignorant like that then I would be happy with just any car.

Here was some of our conversation:

Post started:

Me - I agree that the Z is not holding its value. When I was selling it all of these cheap *** bastards called and tried low balling me. Bottom line if you put money into your Z cars don't expect any of it back. If you get your money back then you are the exception. Then don't get me started on trying to sell your used performance parts. I am so happy that I transitioned into my car.

Random dude - lol. wait till you try to sell your evo

Another Random dude- yup. my buddy is in the exact same boat right now, bought his evo for 25k w/ 8k miles on it and can't get anyone to pay 20 for it right now. he hasn't even owned it a year.

Me - One person doesn't set a market trend but nice try! The EVO's locally are selling for 03's $18-$23/ 04's $24-$28/ 05's $27+. In Japan the 300ZX TT isn't worth ****. Try to by an older EVO and you better have your pocket book out with some money to burn. If I were a betting man I would say that it will be the same here in the States as well.

Jaspec - your making yourself like an idiot on this statement.. "In Japan the 300ZX TT isn't worth ****." That's another false.
Evos doesnt hold value in Jp or any other asian country...nobody realy cares about RALLY cars over there

Me - I am in the military and was stationed in Japan for 6 years. The Z isn't worth **** there! It bothered me before because I was biased about the Z like you guys are now. Believe me I understand. The EVOs especially the EVO5 are very popular in Japan and other asian countries. I have been to Hong Kong numerous times/ China/ Singapore/ S. Korea/ all over Japan and lots of other countries. I don't blame them, why would they own a Z when they have all of those other cars like the skyline(R32/33/34) NSX/ EVO 2-9 Suby STi spec C/ and many more.
My wife is Japanese and worked in the inporting and exporting business. She shipped numerous cars and other things.

I am not some internet gangster sitting here speaking out of my ***. I am speaking from real life experiences. So quit making blanket statements that have no foundation!

Jaspec - "I am in the military and was stationed in Japan for 6 years"
"I am speaking from real life experiences"
Let see I have been in the States for only 6 years I am 26 right now, so that'll make me living in Asia for lets say, um you do the math. Been all over Asia sir but then give us wrong info over here...Evo is like a top of the line Lancer in JP
so SRT4 here in the States...I think you only buy that car because you see them in the magazine rack everytime *shaking head...

Me - Where in Asia are you from? You talk in a very vague manner. The EVO is a great ride any where in the world! It is nothing like the SRT4 is to the Neon. Get over the fact that you don't like it. When you are so clearly biased in all that you say it shows how rediculous you are. Please open your mind and quit spreading such non-supported rumours about things to people that have no other frame of reference. I trully would like to know where you are from.

Jaspec - born and raised in Manila and been going around Asia.. such as Tokyo, JP. Bankok Thailand, Korea, been all over. That **** doesnt matter anyway, I am telling you my "life experience" and that's a fact... EVO is just a lancer... according to me and few other friends with EVOs back home...In fact my cousin back home using his lancer evo3 as a taxi, is that cheap.

Me - I can't believe that in the Philippines the general populous would be able to afford an EVO especially as a Taxi. I too have been there and have many military friends from the Philippines. How many pesos would that cost? Your posts are ignorant and unfounded. I will no longer waste my time responding to you. Don't bother writing any more responses. As a matter of fact I recommend that you choke yourself!

Jaspec - I felt bad for you ignorance...and I thank god you no longer drive a Z. You don't know jack about you car history let alone some other country. Twinkle toe, you prove yourself that you are dumb like any other Ricer out there...PINOYS knows **** about EVOs and you just starting to learn that ****. Here feed your knowledge about your ****ty car you dumb****... have a goodnight

Me - I must have hit a nerve because your being yourself! Thanks for showing all of us your true colors. Oh BTW my Z was better than yours will ever be. You need to learn a word called "Tact". Try using it it will take you much further here in the states. BTW you didn't answer my question. How many pesos would an EVO cost?

Jaspec - you really are dumb as **** are you? EVOs is been in Philippines since day one. And it has been cheap ever since, let me repeat it again its consider there Mitsi****shi. You prolly never Lancer Evo until it hit the states. You read a magazines in Barnes and Noble and seen one in the front page and decided to sell your 300ZX with stupid GTR wheels(typical ricer). Your car is LANCER so as SrT4 as a NEON.

That is enough to prove my point that some people are bottom feeders that haven't got a clue.

BTW, here is a link to my so called ricer Z and to my old EVO VIII:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541609

http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...msg_id=1480221

https://www.evolutionm.net/registry/...essfully+rated.

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Oct 3, 2006 at 06:42 AM.