Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo 8 buy it now for 7,000 ebay!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by purecoda
the mods may want to ban "a robinson." - or at least keep a close eye on what he's trying to sell.
If someone stole pictures of your car that you were trying to sell would you like to be banned? Think about it for a second, A Robinson is not trying to scam anyone. Someone stole his pictures and used them on Ebay.

-Paul
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by purecoda
the mods may want to ban "a robinson." - or at least keep a close eye on what he's trying to sell.
Calm down there chief. A Robinson is selling the car for $24,900.00 and there is no link to the phony eBay auction anywhere on the post.

I'm pretty sure A Robinson is the one getting screwed on this deal, not the one doing the screwing.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:29 PM

scam for sure I can't belive it is still listed did anyone send a complaint to ebay?
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
Calm down there chief. A Robinson is selling the car for $24,900.00 and there is no link to the phony eBay auction anywhere on the post.

I'm pretty sure A Robinson is the one getting screwed on this deal, not the one doing the screwing.
yeah, i missed the 24,900. fixed my previous post too. thanks for pointing it out.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

^ even the email address is different from robinson.

When i usually recieve bullsh!t replies from overseas and the car is somewhere else, i just bullsh!t with them. For example, "Egypt!? Great! Iam from Egypt, where do you want to meet me in Egypt."
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

I reported it to ebay
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolusion
^ even the email address is different from robinson.

When i usually recieve bullsh!t replies from overseas and the car is somewhere else, i just bullsh!t with them. For example, "Egypt!? Great! Iam from Egypt, where do you want to meet me in Egypt."
Haha! That's too funny.

And I reported it to eBay as well. Hopefully they'll pull it.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

lol, these ads are so popular on ebay motors, especially with supras and hayabusas. A while back a guy started putting up ads trying to rally people together to try and stop it from happening or at least make people more aware of the problem...ebay eventually stopped him.

-Any one who e-mails the people will have one of two things happen.
-1. They will send money to the person and to make a long story short, will not get it back.
-2. In time they will get multiple fake e-mails that are seemingly from paypal or ebay which ask them for their account information.

-Just remember, never give information via e-mail or to links from e-mail, no matter how genuine the e-mail or the webpage linked from the e-mail seems.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:31 PM

seems like the original owner of that user got is password stolen. Notice you can't contact the user but a different yahoo e-mail ID. It's a scam but mostly happen on bikes
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:47 PM

I got an E- mail from the guy back. Here it is....

Its in order form what I sent to what he sent. Bottom to top I believe.

Hi again,

As I said in my first email the car is currently located in Amsterdam,Netherlands and it will be shipped from here by water.You will get the car to the nearest port in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place.Usually shipment takes maximum 8 days depending on your location.

You will receive and all the papers and receipts that you needs to register the car.The delivery agent will take care of all the papers.He will let you have the TITLE, keys,owner manual, manufacturer's certificate of origin.Everything will be sent along with the car.

Payment will be done by cash money transfer and will be supervised by SafePay Solutions.The most important thing in all my activity is that I am affiliated at SafePay and I have a purchase protection account for $10,000.This money is for refunding my customers in case they are not satisfied with my selling activity.The financial part of this deal will be manage by them.They are acting like a third party in this deal.They will keep the payment until you receive and test the car.You will send the money to a SafePay agent.They will verify the payment and if is OK,if the money exist and are available they will notify me to proceed with the shipping.After you receive and see that the car is the one you want,you just notify SafePay to give me the money.If you will not receive the car as i described to you,although this is not the case,SafePay will refund you with 100% from the whole amount which you paid me.
Your total including delivery fees and insurance to your door is $7,000
Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be shipped and i will initiate the transaction trough SafePay.

I have reserved the car for you and I will appreciate a fast answer.
Thank you,
Brent

PS: the car was a gift for my brother in law ,i did not pay for it.
i am selling the car so cheap because i can't register it in Netherlands and i need money fast to buy a new one from here

Linko013@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 10/3/2006 5:39:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, derdiret@yahoo.com writes:
Hello,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution , only 8000 miles,Vin Number :JA3AH86F63U088751.The car is in perfect conditions ,no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no engine problems.The interior is in like new condition and has never been smoked in.The car is registered in United States and it has clear title.I live in Netherlands so the car will be shipped from here.I bought this car from US but when i tried to register it here they said that i can't register a car that has US emissions.I am selling the car so cheap because i can't find a buyer in my country.I want to sell it in US because the car is still registered there.The amount you will have to pay in order to own this vehicle is $7,000 USD with shipping costs included!I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be manage by a third party,in this way both of us will be protected.They will keep the payment until you receive the item and test it.So if you really want it please give me an email as soon as possible.
Thank you,
Brent.

Well I just donr understand. Ive seen this same exact car for sale in some Lancer Evolution forums before. SAME car. And it most definately was not listed at 7,000 USD. So whats the catch man? How much did you purchase it for? It just doesnt fall into place. Where and when did you purchase it?

In the first email which i dont think is there I jsut asked him why and where hes form n blah blah
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:50 PM

****, I didnt notice about not emailing him until just now. I dont believe I own an Ebay account. And if I do. I have no idea what the password is and I have also never bought or sold anytihng on there. I hope he cant get anytihng else through my e-mail
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:51 PM

And actually it didnt even show yous what I wrote. I told him Ive seen this car for sale in some forums and it was for a lot more than 7k and the guy was in the USA and that it was the same exact car. Notice he didnt say anything back about that
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's been removed from Ebay.