Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Would you wanna learn to fix your own evo...?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdub25
Good idea, but you'd have to worry about those a**holes that are going to steal some tools and stuff. As far as the liability thing, you could make everyone sign something saying you work at your own risk. And with all those tools and expensive things in there that's open to the public, you'd need a really good security system. lol
All tools are on carts that contain you basic hand tools, extentions, screw drivers. All of these are accounted for by a system. The tech that is assigned for the job with you has to check out tools needed for that particular job. The tech checks them out and make sure they are all there. If not we will charge that credit card taken when you did your paper work... It's all been covered peeps. All tools like I said will be checked out from the tech, who knows what you will need. These pre made tool chest with all the basic tools, then if you need speacialty tools, we will have those as well. Also I failed to mention the eye in the sky!...lol A kick *** surveillance system is a must in todays times! Also...http://www.gunlaws.com/FloridaCastleDoctrine.htm this helps with crime.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

All tools are behind locked doors. numbered tool roll-aways, with precounted items.
We will have a credit card hold just for that reason. Also the tech assigned to you will go through it all before you can check out. I am not worried about that. We will deal with that stuff as they present themselves.
As far as the idea....would be cool right!
Techs that know about your car and make good money and can teach you about fixing or modding your car! Everyone is happy!
I am talking about one badd *** shop! Something like you have never seen!
Clean floors, atmosphere. A/C bays....the works!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

I like it.. I think the you are on the right track.. Everyones concerns are definitely legit.. I expect if you really want to make this a go you'll find the loop holes in all the insights to safety, thievery, neglegence and ultimately customer satisfaction. You forgot to mention the AWD Dyno facility with multiple ECU flash and standalone tunes.. Ha Ha!! that would top it all off.. I do like the tattoo feature though.. Good luck and I'll be looking out for this. What state would you benefit from the most.. or should I say the patrons..
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
I like it.. I think the you are on the right track.. Everyones concerns are definitely legit.. I expect if you really want to make this a go you'll find the loop holes in all the insights to safety, thievery, neglegence and ultimately customer satisfaction. You forgot to mention the AWD Dyno facility with multiple ECU flash and standalone tunes.. Ha Ha!! that would top it all off.. I do like the tattoo feature though.. Good luck and I'll be looking out for this. What state would you benefit from the most.. or should I say the patrons..
For you guys that have to sit and wait, you girlfriends.....a tatoo shop and food shop would be awsome. I want to make this work so bad! I live, eat, breath cars! I just want to be around those if not racing evo's! I would love to cater to only evo's, but I dont think the shop would survive on evo owners!...lol.

Dyno is a must!..tuning wouldnt be a problem, You have a choice actually...Scott from TTP, or John from Jestr. Both are local, both do good work. One call away.
What else guys.....anything I didnt cover?
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Dont forget xbox and playstations jerky
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Keep an employment spot open for me if this goes down. lol. I'll help with the investment
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

I've actually thought about this myself. Here in NKY, there are TONS of imports and cars that love to work on their cars. You never know, this could be the next big thing with cars. 10 years from now you could have a shop in every state lol. Good luck with it and if you need people to help let me know. I'm smart with my car and i'm in school right now.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stevEVO8
Dont forget xbox and playstations jerky
Those are in our lounge hommie! Wit the HD flat screen and racing seats!

The tatoo shop would also be the lounge with the artist area in the back in the "Sterile Zone"..... he calls it.
The food would be a local style food from Hawaii....Plate lunch luch it's called.

Shoyu Chicken, hamburger steak, luau pork, long rice, Beef curry, udon, sushi, bar-b-que beef, chicken, pork. Chow fun. Chicken kotsu, Korean chicken, beef, pork, kimbop, Kimchi, white rice, fried rice.
And regular food like cheese burgers, fries, corndogs for all you white boys and girls... who dont like asian style foods. If you've been to Hawaii and had the local food you know what I'm talkin about!You dont see skinny hawaiians for a reason!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

You'd also want to think about putting the shop somewhere that would get the most business. Location, location, location
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bdub25
You'd also want to think about putting the shop somewhere that would get the most business. Location, location, location
$$$$$$$$$$Any investors here intrested????$$$$$$$$$
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I used to think about that idea the whole time I lived in apartments. I had the inclination and some rudimentery skills, but no garage or tools. A lot of people grow up working on cars but then move away and live in apartments with on street parking but still want to tinker.

Basically I just bought a house and garage and my own tools, but it took almost 10 years. I think it's an awsome concept if you could make it work in our great country of lawyers and a-holes.

Keep it going

Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

screw all that. I just dig a 2' deep trench in my yard. Put all the tools I will need in it. Lay down and have a friend drive my car on top of me in the trench and start working. I just don't come out until I am done.

Just kidding. In the military they have "Auto Hobby Shops" on bases and they are a full service garage that you go to and check out tools and pay $20 for a stall, $50 for stall w/ lift. for like 2 hours. They usualy have some one working there that knows a bit about cars. Like a dealership mechanic level of knowledge and he can answer questions. I have never see the concept work except on base. Good Luck!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Keep em coming guys! I am loving all tha feed back! I have some appointments with a few local investors that are millionaires that I have previously refinaced their mortgages, so if all goes well. These rich guys are always looking for new ideas.
Also need to meet with a lawyer about the technicalities for thses ideas.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
some people shouldn't be allowed to pick up tools.

...not sure about the idea...
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Military installations already have this. It's called the Auto Hobby Shop. Initially they go over some safety, and have you sign some paperwork. You can rent a bay for 3-$5 per hour, or a lift for a couple dollars more. They have tools available that you sign out at the desk. They have manuals, and a couple of staff that will help you out in a jam.
So...
A: Join the military
B: Get a civilian job on base to recieve base privilages
C: Marry a serviceman/woman

I thought of starting the same thing, but it doesn't seem profitable. The insurance would probably be through the roof; Especially if 3 yrs down the line some idiot drops a car of the lift, or ignites one on fire. You would also have people trying to run there own business with your bays, tools and equipment.