Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Front license plates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front license plates

This is kinda of a noob question, but why do some evo's have the front license plate brackets stock from the factory and some dont. I live in IL and my 04 doesnt have one nor does my buddies 05

Just wonderin
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Umm, ther not built into the bumper. You can install it very easily and since you live in Illinois you will have to. I got oulled over twice in the past 3 months for no front plate and that was enough reason for me to get one.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackevoguy
...why do some evo's have the front license plate brackets stock from the factory and some dont...
Because not everywhere that evos are sold require a front plate. The factory shipps without and it is on the dealer to install. Since the have to drill into the bumper some dealers are nice enough to not do this before it is sold (althogh I belive if the state requires it they are supposed to). If you wanted i installed I am sure your dealershipwill install it for free.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Speaking of this...I have mine still new in the plastic if anybody needs one. Just PM me