Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

One hell of a story... I had a crazy night!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To both the officers who gave their input: Thanks a lot. I do think they definitely went about it the wrong way. I called the police station and I had to deal with possibly the most rude woman I have ever talked to. She was basically asking me what I was so worried about. "Sounds like they were real if they radioed in!", and **** like that. Finally she transferred me to the police division in my area and a nice guy told me there were a lot of plainclothes cops around and that it sounded normal to him. What a pain in the *** for a simple answer.

math: It was pretty cool that they didn't give me **** for ripping around a few corners lol. I won't lie, it felt good!

Player: Hey man, in a neighborhood like mine, which is very upscale, that kind of situation would have been unheard of so I was caught off guard and very scared lol.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 08:20 AM
Pocket Mo

When I was living in a very stuck up and upscale neighborhood, I once got cuffed in front of my own house. The cops pulled me over as I was coming home from the autoparts store with an oil filter that I forgot to buy. Well my car was up on jackstands with the oil draining so I took her car thinking nothing would happen. I was in a ratty t-shirt and it was a hot day so I just had the window down. Young Asian kid with a ratty t-shirt driving around in a S-class, hm, probably seemed out of place. I was about to pull into my driveway when I got the lights so of course I pulled over. Cop had a gun pulled out and told me to exit the vehicle with my hands showing. A$$hat cuffs me and makes me sit on the curb. Never asked for license, registration, insurance. My mom sees the lights and comes out wondering what's happening. That's when she sees me sitting there in cuffs so of course she starts to panic and lose it. Asked the officer what was going on and he told her he just caught "this kid" with a stolen Mercedes. My mom somehow calmed down and told him to uncuff me before she calls her supervisor because the car is her's and I'm her son.

Would've been nice if he had at least checked my license and registration so he could see the address matches up so we didn't have to go through that whole ordeal. Very happy to see some cool police officers on the board.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cops suck. I'd be furious if that happened to me.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by andysoo8284
When I was living in a very stuck up and upscale neighborhood, I once got cuffed in front of my own house. The cops pulled me over as I was coming home from the autoparts store with an oil filter that I forgot to buy. Well my car was up on jackstands with the oil draining so I took her car thinking nothing would happen. I was in a ratty t-shirt and it was a hot day so I just had the window down. Young Asian kid with a ratty t-shirt driving around in a S-class, hm, probably seemed out of place. I was about to pull into my driveway when I got the lights so of course I pulled over. Cop had a gun pulled out and told me to exit the vehicle with my hands showing. A$$hat cuffs me and makes me sit on the curb. Never asked for license, registration, insurance. My mom sees the lights and comes out wondering what's happening. That's when she sees me sitting there in cuffs so of course she starts to panic and lose it. Asked the officer what was going on and he told her he just caught "this kid" with a stolen Mercedes. My mom somehow calmed down and told him to uncuff me before she calls her supervisor because the car is her's and I'm her son.

Would've been nice if he had at least checked my license and registration so he could see the address matches up so we didn't have to go through that whole ordeal. Very happy to see some cool police officers on the board.
Man that's crazy! Those guys should have lost their jobs for that.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 08:51 AM
Pocket Mo

Guess he pulled crap like that all over the town. The last time I saw him was him driving around in a rent-a-cop security car. I'll never forget the look on his face when my mom told him the car's her and I'm her son. I practically had to pull my jack out of the garage and help him get his jaw up.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a good time over all.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

cop is lucky if that was me he would of meet my front bumper. i have that mind set rather go down in a blaze of glory then get my **** stolen (i know wrong attitude to have) but either way cop is lucky you could of had a gun.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by filter
cop is lucky if that was me he would of meet my front bumper. i have that mind set rather go down in a blaze of glory then get my **** stolen (i know wrong attitude to have) but either way cop is lucky you could of had a gun.
meh, to me getting a new Evo > getting thrown in the slammer and repeatedly gangraped.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:10 AM
Pocket Mo

^^ Very true.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eggy
meh, to me getting a new Evo > getting thrown in the slammer and repeatedly gangraped.
This is true...if you are apposed to gangrape
Old Oct 8, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fricci4993
For what it's worth, I am a LAPD officer. Granted they were doing there job, they went about it the wrong way. They could have ran your plate to see if the car was stolen, and secondly, they are supposed to identify themselves PRIOR to stopping you. Based on what you described, I would have grabbed my Beretta, and capped him multiple times while he reached into his pocket! It does not matter what agency, or country it is. That was horrible tactics on their part. Identify yourself BEFORE taking action... that's all. As a cop, I wnat to apologize for those officers overzealousness.
+1.... I'm a LEO too and that was f'd up They are very lucky this didn't end tragically with a shooting. That would have been my response if I was in your situation. Instead of blocking the street with an unmarked car they should have called a marked unit to initiate the stop. That way there is no doubt as to who you are dealing with. I've done it for our narcs on several occassions as well as for DEA and FBI Agents. Around here undercover cars simply do not make traffic stops.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Max-Q what div are you at?.... PM me if you some aninimty ;-)
Old Oct 8, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

good story.....i live in a small town (5000 ppl) and my father went to school with most of the cops so i usually dont get into to much trouble....we're all pretty much on a first name basis.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, that is crazy, glad to see everything is all right, half way into the story i was like uh oh
Old Oct 8, 2006, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

That's bull**** man. Sounds like a bunch of assclowns with nothing better to do when they are off duty.