Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

One hell of a story... I had a crazy night!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006 | 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by fricci4993
There's are major a@@&*^ cops here in Cali, not all, but they are here. As for the guy in the post that was handcuffed, you gotta do what the man asks! Otherwise, it's a crime (small misdemeanor). If you got non-legal parts on the car, you CAN get busted! We as evo owners take that risk. BUT if we delete our cats, don't have smog certified parts, etc. (i am guilty as well....shhh don't tell) and get caught, DON"T COMPLAIN...c'mon, I don't agree with all the laws either. BUT we can't honestly say "we did not know" when we got popped. They are cracking down hard in CA (mainly CHP) (AKA: AAA w/handguns). I can't defend all coppers, only me.....I will once in a while taunt a Porsche or two on a WIDE OPEN ROAD, but on duty we have to do what we are sworn to do...uphold the law. I THINK from most cops standpoints, are the street racing accidents that are more, more prominent everyday. It's not so much the paper work, or the sccident clean-up. It's what I call the "true pain". (any parents here can attest to the following horror) True pain is having to knock on a door at anytime, and tell an innocent parent that their son or daughter have just died to street racing. THEN you ask them, "can you please come with me to identify the remains?" AFTER one experience like that for a cop, you bet that when somone does not cooperate during a traffic stop (especially in a modded vehicle) they will get cuffed! It's unfair for the innocent tuner guys out there, but with exception to cheesy auto parts store decals, and curb feelers, the officers can't tell the street racers from the tuners... FWIW

I completely understand and support it even thought it stinks for people like that who had a stock exhaust, lol. My best friend in high school died in a car accident (no racing, he lost control in the snow in colorado) and his parents whom i'm in close contact still recount that knock on the door. And I remember the phone call and hospital room vividly. Also, I'm an EMT (though unfortunately not working as one currently) so I understand the danger. Be safe all!
Old Oct 8, 2006 | 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

that is the best story ever! i have never heard of anything like it! HAHAHAHA i
Old Oct 8, 2006 | 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by filter
cop is lucky if that was me he would of meet my front bumper. i have that mind set rather go down in a blaze of glory then get my **** stolen (i know wrong attitude to have) but either way cop is lucky you could of had a gun.
Haha, you had me laughing out loud when you said "a blaze of glory."

Also, "Take it, it's yours."

Sorry to poke fun, but I can't help it.

-Carl
Old Oct 8, 2006 | 09:54 PM

haha, oh man i would be scared as hell!
Old Oct 8, 2006 | 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Not related to the story, but my friend flipped his car today and totaled it.

Was one of the nicest EK civics I have ever known...

Man.. this weekend has been very ****ty.
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

wow... thats a crazy story and to be honest Im surprised that the cops actually did that..

3 cop cars total, thats a lot of recourses for a "suspicous" car/driver. Kinda surprising.... Glad it wasnt what you thought it was though that could have been VERY, VERY bad.
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Bloody hilarious! lol... amazing story!
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 04:32 AM
Account Disabled

Wearing a hoodie that covers the sides of your face will get you pulled over ASAP. Happened to me before. Its funny how they react when they actually get to see your face and you don't "look" like a criminal.
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 04:46 AM

Sounds like if they would have gave you a ticket you could have got them enentrapment. what the hell did you do to get three undercovers following you?
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

very strange... why would they have been tailing you? i guess they were under the impresson that the car was stolen. but as someone said above, they should have identified themselves their has been numerous people trying to impersonate police here in florida. and if i end up getting pulled by a fake cop im running.
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

This would have been your only chance to get into a shootout with the cops and have a valad argument.
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Toque: Ya, I don't have the face of a thief

John: They are patrolling my neighborhood. Supposedly there have been a few break ins and stolen cars these days. One of them saw me and his buddies were all in the neighborhood. I'm talking within less than half a mile of each other so it didn't take them all to get to me.

Don: I know, I'm still not even 100% sure they were real. But if they weren't, why would they just stop me and run my info. Doesn't seem like a very advantageous move for a criminal. They were following me because I was driving a car with American plates, and also because that car happened to probably look very suspicious to them, being an Evo an all. You know these things are cop magnets man!

Blk: I have a sword
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

FWIW here in so cal the Evo made #2 on the most popular stolen car list. All I know is that if my 22 mos. old son is with me, the perps get my car. If my boy is NOT with me, the perps get "ventilated", and take a dirt nap. THEN, I get to post an emmy award winning thread! (with pics) :-)
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

FWIW here in so cal the Evo made #2 on the most popular stolen car list. All I know is that if my 22 mos. old son is with me, the perps get my car. If my boy is NOT with me, the perps get "ventilated", and take a dirt nap. THEN, I get to post an emmy award winning thread! (with pics) :-)

serves um right, i worked my arss off for my evo, and i be d#@ if some idiot is going to take it!
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

I hope you take a few of em out for me. Make sure to yell out "This one's for Eggy, *****es".