Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

One hell of a story... I had a crazy night!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One hell of a story... I had a crazy night!!!!

So I'm coming home from a huge photo shoot with a bunch of buddies. It's a great trip home and I come into my neighborhood and notice that I'm being followed by 2 cars, a Pontiac Grand Prix and a Ford Windstar. I pull up into my driveway just slightly because the Windstar is still following me and then it turns the corner and sits beside my house.

I find this suspicious and don't want to bait out my location, so I pull back out and drive away, going beside this guy and then gunning it around the corner and back out into the neighborhood. Next thing I know the Grand Prix comes from out of no where and blocks the road. Then the Windstar comes from behind, and finally one other car I didn't see came out beside me.

Some guy comes out of the Grand Prix wearing bulky clothes and reaches into his down vest. I'm thinking at this point I'm a dead man, because this guy aint smiling and he's reaching for something, and that something isn't visible. I open the door and tell him "It's yours man, take it". He then finishes reaching down and shows me what he had been trying to show me the whole time.... his badge. He proceeds to ask "Why, is it stolen?". I immediately take a sigh of relief, while unintentionally doing the harlem shake because I was so scared, refrain from ****ting myself and tell him that he scared the hell out of me. They proceed to ask me what I was doing, and when I explained to them about the extremely bait way they followed me, so I got nervous and wanted to get away. I apologized for driving like an ***, and hoped they understood my side. They then got my license and checked back on their radios, all the while they were laughing and shooting the **** with me, telling me that my car was quick as hell. Every single guy there complimented the car, as they had obviously never pulled one over before. One of the guys noted that he pulled "A couple Subarus like that" over though lol. After all the info had cleared they told me I made the right car choice and sent me off on my way.

Talk about random. I'm still shaken a bit, but I definitely am happy I didn't get shot. It definitely could have been a lot worse, and I guess it's good to know the boys in blue are doing their best to keep my neighborhood safe... from 22 year old Evo drivers!

-Aaron

P.S. Looking back I realize I was wearing my hoodie up, just because I was tired and cold, but I probably looked like a hardened criminal. There's no doubt that that probably peaked their interest. The funniest part about it was as I was driving home I thought to myself "If a cop sees me I'm definitely getting pulled over". I chuckled at the thought, but I guess I was dead on lol.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Crazy ish mang. Glad it wasn't what you were thinkin
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostless
Crazy ish mang. Glad it wasn't what you were thinkin
You and me both man. Those few moments were definitely some of the scariest of my life though...

Be careful out there guys.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

that's good times !
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:23 AM

That's a good story, i would've pissed myself lol. Glad this wasn't another shooting over a freaking car
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

For what it's worth, I am a LAPD officer. Granted they were doing there job, they went about it the wrong way. They could have ran your plate to see if the car was stolen, and secondly, they are supposed to identify themselves PRIOR to stopping you. Based on what you described, I would have grabbed my Beretta, and capped him multiple times while he reached into his pocket! It does not matter what agency, or country it is. That was horrible tactics on their part. Identify yourself BEFORE taking action... that's all. As a cop, I wnat to apologize for those officers overzealousness.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fricci4993
For what it's worth, I am a LAPD officer. Granted they were doing there job, they went about it the wrong way. They could have ran your plate to see if the car was stolen, and secondly, they are supposed to identify themselves PRIOR to stopping you. Based on what you described, I would have grabbed my Beretta, and capped him multiple times while he reached into his pocket! It does not matter what agency, or country it is. That was horrible tactics on their part. Identify yourself BEFORE taking action... that's all. As a cop, I wnat to apologize for those officers overzealousness.
Thanks for the info man. Good to know that when I move to Cali at the end of the year I won't have to deal with ****ed up situations like this. At the same time, if I get cornered somewhere I guess I can pretty much know I'm ****ed...

I want to know if you think there's any possibility they might not have actually been cops. I mean if they were imposters they would have probably gotten me out of the car and then taken it right?

Someting about it just didn't feel that right... but they asked for my license and radioed in etc. so it seemed pretty legit. They definitely didn't seem to be menacing at all, except for the guy at the beginning.

Only the Windstar had a red siren, and I didn't see it until after I thought I was about to get shot.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahha! mann what a story, glad to hear you didnt get shot
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

I would call the station and verify. Your in Toronto so I really wouldn't know where to refer you to call....RCMP? Ask for a surervisor for the agency that patrols your area. Give him the scoop? Here we would call and ask for the "watch commander", there it may just be a simple Sargeant (respectivley). Don't wait though...if it was a false detainment by some car theifs, the sooner you call the better.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:57 AM

Does seem like bad tactics. After I posted above I was thinking about how someone in your situation how had a gun probably would've started shooting. I don't speak from experience and certainly don't mean any offense but I've heard cops in California are notorious for being jerks about car stuff. I read a post yesterday about a guy who was pulled over for his exhaust sound then cuffed and ticketed because he wouldn't pop the hood. His exhaust was stock and the cop wouldn't believe him. Cheers!
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fricci4993
I would call the station and verify. Your in Toronto so I really wouldn't know where to refer you to call....RCMP? Ask for a surervisor for the agency that patrols your area. Give him the scoop? Here we would call and ask for the "watch commander", there it may just be a simple Sargeant (respectivley). Don't wait though...if it was a false detainment by some car theifs, the sooner you call the better.
I'll do that now. Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 01:17 AM
Evolving Member

There's are major a@@&*^ cops here in Cali, not all, but they are here. As for the guy in the post that was handcuffed, you gotta do what the man asks! Otherwise, it's a crime (small misdemeanor). If you got non-legal parts on the car, you CAN get busted! We as evo owners take that risk. BUT if we delete our cats, don't have smog certified parts, etc. (i am guilty as well....shhh don't tell) and get caught, DON"T COMPLAIN...c'mon, I don't agree with all the laws either. BUT we can't honestly say "we did not know" when we got popped. They are cracking down hard in CA (mainly CHP) (AKA: AAA w/handguns). I can't defend all coppers, only me.....I will once in a while taunt a Porsche or two on a WIDE OPEN ROAD, but on duty we have to do what we are sworn to do...uphold the law. I THINK from most cops standpoints, are the street racing accidents that are more, more prominent everyday. It's not so much the paper work, or the sccident clean-up. It's what I call the "true pain". (any parents here can attest to the following horror) True pain is having to knock on a door at anytime, and tell an innocent parent that their son or daughter have just died to street racing. THEN you ask them, "can you please come with me to identify the remains?" AFTER one experience like that for a cop, you bet that when somone does not cooperate during a traffic stop (especially in a modded vehicle) they will get cuffed! It's unfair for the innocent tuner guys out there, but with exception to cheesy auto parts store decals, and curb feelers, the officers can't tell the street racers from the tuners... FWIW
Old Oct 8, 2006, 01:33 AM

Man I sometimes carry my gun and always my badge. If I was in your place I would have first called the police and see if you can get a marked unit to show up. But if they would have stopped me man I would have my gun out and who knows what would went down. But yeah they should have identified themselves. I hate when cops think there super human it only takes one person with a gun to think the same way you did and then we have one dead cop. I still see to this day cops pull over speeders by running in front of them and holding there arms out saying stop. I guess it's like when you was kids you got to let the kid get shocked by sticking a fork in the socket so he can learn not to do it anymore. Glad things turn out for you ok but I make sure to call there department and file a complaint you might save there lives if they try that again.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Look at the bright side. You got to drive really fast and try to outrun a cop without having to go to jail.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Haha my favorite parts when u told the cop

take it, its yours lmao