Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car Stolen!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Met life
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hahah geico has a hard time covering normal claims not to mention this one. If you already told them the keys were in the car you are screwed. And even if you dont tell them they are going to wonder how they stole your car without the keys and a non-damaged ignition and wiring.

Like I said insurance won't cover it. No insurance company would. It was your fault. They don't even cover it if someone takes it at gunpoint so I highly doubt you are going to get any reimbursement. Your best bet was to catch the kid that was stealing your friends car and drag his *** to the police and have him rat out his friend. That was your chance. I think u are going to have to eat this one.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:36 PM

i read in a mainstream auto magazive that the evo is the second most stolen vehicle behind the escalade. this has to be in terms of percentages sold cause the evo is a low production vehicle.

i don't recall if you filled a police claim but you can always say that they car jacked you if possible. that could explain the keys in the ignition.

hopefully people will learn from your mistake and take advice from others recomendations.

Honestly i usually start and drive off right away and short shift at 2K rpms until the car warms up a bit. crusing in 4th gear is plenty fast on public roads. if you know you are gonna need to hit boost level power then warm up for a few minutes.

Last edited by pkradgreek; Oct 10, 2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

/\/\/\ yes it is terms of % and if its not to late telling them the car was taken from you forcefully is your best bet at getting it covered
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most insurance companies will not cover anything if you WILLINGLY gave your keys up. Even with a gun in your face, if you admit you gave them the keys or left the keys in there you are screwed either way. I think the only way they do cover it is if they physically pulled you out of the car with the keys in the ignition.

Not only that insurance companies are smarter than you think. They actually check forums like this when claims like yours are made. And in the event they do see this thread they will can you for insurance fraud if you try and lie to them about what happened. That means jail time and a fine.

For your sake I hope you didn't tell your insurance company what you told us.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

I would doubt that they will cover it. They will say that you negligent due to the fact you left your keys in your car and the car unlocked. I believe the term is contributory negligence.

Good luck Benny.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:22 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
Most insurance companies will not cover anything if you WILLINGLY gave your keys up. Even with a gun in your face, if you admit you gave them the keys or left the keys in there you are screwed either way. I think the only way they do cover it is if they physically pulled you out of the car with the keys in the ignition.

Not only that insurance companies are smarter than you think. They actually check forums like this when claims like yours are made. And in the event they do see this thread they will can you for insurance fraud if you try and lie to them about what happened. That means jail time and a fine.

For your sake I hope you didn't tell your insurance company what you told us.

^^ +1 IMO, Don't compound what happened with something shady on top of it. Tell them what happened, and see where it goes. Oh, and good luck, I am sorry to hear when any EVO gets stolen.

Last edited by SASD209; Oct 10, 2006 at 03:22 PM. Reason: content
Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck my friend..

i hope u get TONS out of it lol

I would cry if i was u :'(
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

put the car to stock, and then have the adjuster look at it, if your car was stolen you dont know what they did to it while they had it, push for them to give you another one and take yours.

I didnt read the whole thread here's my $0.02
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

that really sucks i mean eagle idaho is not known for its car stealing gansters
http://www.idahostreetracing.com/php...r=asc&start=30

these guys think some thing different
Old Oct 18, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

How did you find that?

I thought the whole thing sounded a little odd.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

haha i am on idahostreetracing and found it in the off topic section they think this high school kid was drinking and went it to a ditch and now he is saying that it was stolen haha

Last edited by ozlancerblack; Oct 18, 2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

I am on there too
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

damn man that sucks

ull get it worked out thou
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:07 PM

I can't believe you left it on and went in the house. Even if it was for a second~

Quick Reply: Car Stolen!