Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A vote for the High flow cats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:48 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KazzEvo8
I'm putting an HFC on because I can't stand the stink anymore. I've tried and tried to ignore it but I can't. *Shrug*
So what do you do? Stand behind it while its on and take whiffs?

I have never smelled it on mine.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i run a hfc... if i need more hp i'll get bigger cams or a bigger turbo
Old Oct 11, 2006, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by justchil
I think there is a big difference in being legal and actually doing something healthy for the environment
By running a HFC aren't you being legal and helping the environment?

All you people who are saying putting a HFC on your car is being PC are being silly. Just because volcanoes pollute the air doesn't mean you shouldn't put a HFC on your car. I can't stop a jetliner from taking off, but I CAN put a HFC on my car. It seems many of you aren't familiar with a concept known as the greater good
Old Oct 11, 2006, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by k270kmh
It's not true when you said: F*** the environment

It is not true, my SARD HFC is cleaner than stock cat!!! APEXI, HKS are other names in my mind that actually are cleaner than stock cat, go at their websites an confirm by yourself.

I'm not talking about PURE RACE, DRAG RACE CARS, I'm talking about daily and weekend cars.

Can you prove it? What do you say about the pollution emmited in traffic jams? Is de-cat = cat?

I actually have an HFC on my and I'm getting rid of it because there was virtually no power gain over stock with it.
Which brand are you running?
Put an APEXI 130cel, and I'm sure that you will feel the difference.

I tried to be as environmentally friendly as I could and still get the results I want. It wasn't working out.
It is not you cat that is holding you back!!!

I'm sure that the best HFC will give you the power you want and do not pollute as a de-cat car. Look for APEXI, HKS, SARD and HELIX all of them are below 200cel catalyzers.

If you still want to pollute, what can I do? It is your car it is your choice, it is our problem.
I guess you don't understand the meaning of usually. It means not all the time. Yes, I admit that comment was childish and I already said it was more for shock value than anything.

I notice how you side stepped the legality of replacing a functioning cat with an aftermarket cat. From a legal stand point it's no better than a test pipe.

I have the Helix HFC and that happens to be the one that made a whopping 5hp over stock. So, I guess one of the cats on your best of list doesn't meet my power gain expectations.

Regarding your SARD cat, Where can you find those readily available in the US? I looked and I couldn't find any that weren't ridiculously priced due to importing them and then had to wait months to get it. Now I know I said it wasn't about money but, there is a limit on what I'm willing to pay for something when there are alternatives that are supposed to be just as good.

I know your not talking about racecars. I'm just saying there are other sources of much more pollution than a small percentage of streetcars without cats.

Can you prove no cat is considerably worse on a well tuned car? I don't run into too many traffic jams around here so I'm not really concerned on that front.

But hey, don't worry if I don't see an appreciable power gain from no cat I'll go back to HFC.

Edit: My Helix HFC consistantly threw the po430 catalyst efficiency below threshold at least once a week after about 6 months of running. I nver got it with the stock cat. So, apparently it isn't as clean as stock.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Oct 11, 2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:23 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RealVibes.net
It is amazing to believe that we have people this naive in this day and age.... ignorance is truly bliss. Yes the world did survive two ice ages and everything else stated above but over the past 50 or so years average daily temps have consistently gone up due to pollution, this year florida had the highest average temps in floridas history, they broke records they set last year and the year before. that was not caused by a volcano or some other natural occurance, tha was due to pollution by humans. If you do your research you will see the effect that people are having on the world, and we are hurting the earth, i am not saying that we have to sell our cars and go back to riding horses to stop the pollution or to stop modding and enjoying our cars, but it can be done responsibly. there are aprox 112,736,101 million drivers in america (U.S census 2000) and that was 6 years ago. If all driver had the mentality that they wont affect it imagine where we would be......
Yes we will die before the earth ends but we dont have to leave a ****ty place for our kids and grand kids to live in. And it can be fixed...
Speaking of ignorance. You've lumped two totally different arguments into one. The discussion and debate over global warming is one thing. Whether or not mankind is capable of climate change is an entirely different debate. Whatever your opinion please understand these ongoing debates are independant of one another. The consensus in the scientific community is that yes, we are in fact in a period of global warming. There's scientific evidence to support that. In fact there's scientific evidence to support that the Earth's climate has done this before...millions of times.

The big debate among climatologists is whether or not mankind is capable of inducing climate change. There's politicians, activists, and complete a-hole nut jobs on either side of this one. It will be difficult to prove either way. At a minimum we're aware of the "potential". However as these moron fringe groups like A.L.F. burn down Hummer dealerships and sabatoge refineries countries like China, Brazil and India have zero regard for the environment. It's one thing to say "maybe we're making the ice caps melt", but it's another to watch an entire species of plants or animals go extinct due to unchecked commercial pollution into a local environment. If the tree huggers had any conviction they'd take their act to the developing nations. Instead they sport bumper stickers saying "think globally, act locally" and pick on easy U.S businesses already adhering to a litany of environmental regulations.