Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone have any ebay knowledge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For the most part Ebay is a very safe place. I have gotten over 4000 dollars worth of part off of there for my last cars. My roommate has done the same. It is legally binding if you except the offer before it expires. Once the sale price is set they have to give you the product or refund any expense of yours. I had one bad deal on ebay but after I turned in the guy my money was refunded to me and he was banned from eday. Thats not saying much though because I have 6 seprate ebay accounts that are linked. but you are atleast garranteed your money back if something goes wrong.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Negligence
I Bid on an evo for 15 grand on ebay, i didnt win, and it sold for 20 grand not meeting the sellers reserve, but then the dealership selling the car sends me a second chance offer through ebay, offering the car to me for my bid of 15,000 dollars, do they have to sell me the car at this price? Is it legally binding, the offer expires in 5 business days, 4 business days from now, need help guys! If I i do get this car, you guys will be seeing a 2006 Electric Blue Evo 9, no sunroof, leather interior, less then 10k miles for sale on the forums for very cheap
i have evo for sale
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:23 PM

I just talked to the dealership, they said they never sent me a second chance and its a scam, i think they messed up and dont want to fess up to it cause the second chance came through there account which he denies, i knew it was too good to be true, stupid dealerships not knowing what to do with there ebay accounts.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

check ur email header

everyone can check bidder's name and start sending u 'offers'
Old Oct 10, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This could be a "phishing" scam. Someone trying to get you to reveal your password info. I get two or three of these emails per day. Sometimes it says:

"This is to confirm your PayPal payment of $679. If you wish to dispute this payment, click on the link below"

or

"Your eBay account has been suspended due to suspicious activity. For more information, click this link"

Of course these emails are totally bogus. NEVER click on a link in an email. Always go to the real site by using a fresh Internet Explorer page. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Negligence
I just talked to the dealership, they said they never sent me a second chance and its a scam, i think they messed up and dont want to fess up to it cause the second chance came through there account which he denies, i knew it was too good to be true, stupid dealerships not knowing what to do with there ebay accounts.
This is a common phising scam and probably wasn't really the dealer dicking you around. The scammers find people buying a big ticket item like a car and then send bogus emails offering second chance offers. I had it happen to me on an S2000 - I actually got 2 bogus emails from different people both claiming to be the dealer. If you respond back, it should become abundantly clear its a scam as they will usually claim they will ship the car to you for free and just need your bank info and an address.

Anytime you get a secondchance offer, check your ebay inbox on myebay. If the message isn't in there, you can prety much assume its a scammer.