Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Tired of Evo -- Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ No way I'd get an automatic BMW. The '07 325 is awesome. A friend just bought a new one for 29K with European delivery. It's a base model 4 door sedan and it's beautiful. It rides and drives super smoothly and it feels like it handles great. I've not driven it, but riding in it is a real pleasure. The 335I with the twin turbo sounds like a winner to me. I think I'll test drive one of those. Again, I don't think the A/T is the way to go with those cars.

Here is the neatest car to drive with A/T. It's the Audi A3 with the DSG tranny. I test drove 3 of those and they are super nice cars. The DSG tranny is better than a straight shift. It shifts positively and instantaneously. You cannot miss a shift. Just floor it and use the paddle shifters. Also, the car is quite powerful and has no perceptible turbo lag. Of course, it's no where near the high performance car as the EVO, but it handles beautifully, rides smoothly, has lots of power and the DSG clutchless tranny is brilliant. Do yourself a favor and test drive one of those of the Golf GTI with the same engine and tranny. Personally, I prefer the Audi for it's looks and styling, but the VW might be a better option for the cost conscious. I swear, I came very, very close to trading my EVO MR for one of those.....

BTW, I also test drove the IS250... Sure it's a nice car, very luxurious, solid, comfy, powerful, etc. However, it really left me cold. I think it's about as exciting as driving a 1999 Honda Accord or Toyota Camry Even at my age I'm too young to enjoy driving one of those

Last edited by silverEVO8; Oct 12, 2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get something new and stop messing with the old one, just money down the drain.

Can you afford $70 more each month for payment? if so, you should be in the market for a newer car.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by pao
Yup ignoring them does the trick well...or point and laugh hysterically
i, love, that move.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 04:01 PM

Yeah, I decided to trade the evo in for an 03 G35 Coupe. It was a tough decision for sure, but so far I love the G35. It's obviously a little slower, but on a day to day basis, I get to enjoy the benefits of the G more often than the evo, which is the point of having a car. My monthly payments went down $30 and my insurance went down like $40 a month. So all in all, I think it was a good decision.