Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

stealth evo

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2003, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly, everybody who sees my car is amazed
hahaha, i bet. i would be amazed too.

but seriously, i am sure some had thoughts other than "what an awesome car". i mean people by tt porsches and people are like " eh, its okay". but think about this...with all those positive replies you have had, how many of them do you think were said because you were there?

i am sure some were genuine though...
Old May 11, 2003, 04:52 AM

hey, lbc!!! hometown of snoop dogg, warren g, and other rap superstars!!! anyway, i think the evo looks beautiful, but then again i also think 4 door cars look better than 2 doors. what more can u ask for? performance, looks, and utility all in one package!!! i also think the evo looks weird without the wing, and i think alot of ppl agree. lbc is pretty ghetto so unless u live in one of the nicer areas near the orange county border, make sure its garaged!!!
Old May 11, 2003, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

I am about to install the base model rear deck lid on my new black EVO. The only car I could get had the large rear wing. Hideous thing in my opinion. Other than that, I love my new EVO!
Old May 11, 2003, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Well first time posting to this site so we will see how it goes.

I understand what Hocy4Life is feeling. I recently ordered my EVO and got it without the carbon fiber wing. I think the car is extremely attractive (Lexus IS300 clone from the 3/4 side view) both with and without the the large wing but I think I'll actually enjoy it more and get far less tickets without the "arrest me now" massive wing.

I should clarify that it cannot be ordered without a wing but rather just a smaller wing, essentially the wing right off the reg. Lancer OZ. Since I don't plan on running faster than the trap speed on a 1/4 mile, I have no real need for the extra drag or attention for that matter. Maybe I'm just crazy but perhaps incognito is a major plus. Besides I work for an investment bank and I'd never hear the end of wise *** comments about the massive spoiler.

I'll post pictures on June 12th when I take delivery.
Old May 11, 2003, 11:28 AM

Hey hocy4life,

Since you said that you would never take this thing up to its true performance level, why don't you buy a reg. lancer and make some upgrades. I would think that you would save more money that way. Its your money though so you can do whatever you want, I just think this way would make more sense.
Old May 11, 2003, 03:36 PM

Hey hocy4life,

Since you said that you would never take this thing up to its true performance level, why don't you buy a reg. lancer and make some upgrades. I would think that you would save more money that way. Its your money though so you can do whatever you want, I just think this way would make more sense.
no matter how many (not literally but bassically) mods you put on a lancer it still won't drive like an evo...

i said i would not reach its FULL potential yes. but, niether will 98 percent of all you other evo owners out there. but i will enjoy a large portion of it on canyon drivers and freeway onramps.

and by the way...i am from long beach, but its not ghetto...atleast not my area. i live in belmont shore area.
Old May 11, 2003, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Google

Well first time posting to this site so we will see how it goes.

I understand what Hocy4Life is feeling. I recently ordered my EVO and got it without the carbon fiber wing. I think the car is extremely attractive (Lexus IS300 clone from the 3/4 side view) both with and without the the large wing but I think I'll actually enjoy it more and get far less tickets without the "arrest me now" massive wing.

I should clarify that it cannot be ordered without a wing but rather just a smaller wing, essentially the wing right off the reg. Lancer OZ. Since I don't plan on running faster than the trap speed on a 1/4 mile, I have no real need for the extra drag or attention for that matter. Maybe I'm just crazy but perhaps incognito is a major plus. Besides I work for an investment bank and I'd never hear the end of wise *** comments about the massive spoiler.

I'll post pictures on June 12th when I take delivery.
I think that Hocy4Life is more than disgusted with the wing. It seems to me that he hates the styling of the EVO and is basically putting it down in front of the EVO crowd. When I first got mine, I thought too that the big wing was over the top, but really guys, so is the whale tail of the Porsches and the entire package of the Viper, Lambo Murcielago, any Ferrari, etc. That's part of the package. I think that the EVO looks great just the way it is. I'm de-badging it because I like the clean look and I hate how the wax gets in the letters
Anyway, to the whole thread smells of trolling. I've noticed that all the people who write about the uglyness of the EVO are not owners, just folks who say they are considering it but, blah, blah, blah.... Sounds like sour grapes to me . Hell, if you don't like the looks of it and want to turn it into a Lancer econobox, that says a lot about how you feel about the car. Talking crap like that is just plain bovine droppings. Anyway, you can't make the EVO look like a Lancer. You'd have to remove the hood, front fenders and rocker panels plus cut off and weld in new rear quarter panels! WTF, what's wrong with this picture??? Where would you fit the big tires and wheels, how about the brakes.... And how about those "ricey" Recaro seats? aren't they just sooo boy racer? My, my... Looks like losers who are just looking to criticize and put down the EVO are trying to make themselves feel OK about not having one
Old May 11, 2003, 03:54 PM

I think that Hocy4Life is more than disgusted with the wing. It seems to me that he hates the styling of the EVO and is basically putting it down in front of the EVO crowd. When I first got mine, I thought too that the big wing was over the top, but really guys, so is the whale tail of the Porsches and the entire package of the Viper, Lambo Murcielago, any Ferrari, etc. That's part of the package. I think that the EVO looks great just the way it is. I'm de-badging it because I like the clean look and I hate how the wax gets in the letters
Anyway, to the whole thread smells of trolling. I've noticed that all the people who write about the uglyness of the EVO are not owners, just folks who say they are considering it but, blah, blah, blah.... Sounds like sour grapes to me . Hell, if you don't like the looks of it and want to turn it into a Lancer econobox, that says a lot about how you feel about the car. Talking crap like that is just plain bovine droppings. Anyway, you can't make the EVO look like a Lancer. You'd have to remove the hood, front fenders and rocker panels plus cut off and weld in new rear quarter panels! WTF, what's wrong with this picture??? Where would you fit the big tires and wheels, how about the brakes.... And how about those "ricey" Recaro seats? aren't they just sooo boy racer? My, my... Looks like losers who are just looking to criticize and put down the EVO are trying to make themselves feel OK about not having one

alright, i seriously can not stop laughing after reading your post. you are taking offense to my oppinion. get a life...everyone is entitled to theres. you think some cars look ugly that i think look good and vice vesa. so i am not allowed to say how i feel about the car in front of its owners?? please

also, i have said many great things about this car. there is no where else (maybe sti) where you can find a car for 30 grand that can handle, accelerate, and brake like the evo does. the looks of the car are very "purpose built" if you ask me. they are made not for styling...eventhough some may enjoy the way it looks. it is made to function with styling comming after performance.

yea...critisizing cars i don't have is #1 on my list buddy.

i am a potential owner of this car...and i examine it along with the other cars i am considering and find out what i like and dislike about them before i purchase. i also try to find out if the things i don't like that can be changed with relative ease. sorry you don't have the insite or brain power to do the same.

i am done with this guy..next.
Old May 11, 2003, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by hocy4life

alright, i seriously can not stop laughing after reading your post. you are taking offense to my oppinion. get a life...everyone is entitled to theres. you think some cars look ugly that i think look good and vice vesa. so i am not allowed to say how i feel about the car in front of its owners?? please

also, i have said many great things about this car. there is no where else (maybe sti) where you can find a car for 30 grand that can handle, accelerate, and brake like the evo does. the looks of the car are very "purpose built" if you ask me. they are made not for styling...eventhough some may enjoy the way it looks. it is made to function with styling comming after performance.

yea...critisizing cars i don't have is #1 on my list buddy.

i am a potential owner of this car...and i examine it along with the other cars i am considering and find out what i like and dislike about them before i purchase. i also try to find out if the things i don't like that can be changed with relative ease. sorry you don't have the insite or brain power to do the same.

i am done with this guy..next.

Old May 11, 2003, 04:10 PM

nice reply
Old May 11, 2003, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

...........my post got deleted i think
Old May 11, 2003, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

I too have been bashed around for my dislike for the F&F spoiler and taillights.

Anyways, my ideal Lancer would be a Evo with no spoiler, and Evo7 taillights (easy swap). I may get a Evo8 and just find someway to remove the spoiler and fill in the holes in the trunk (any professional bodyshop can easily do this). I too work in a place where I would be the laughing matter of everyone's rice burner jokes if I drove a car to work with a F&F wing on it. I will say this, as for spoilers the Evo one is better than alot of spoilers, but still..... the spoiler isn't for me.

Does anyone have pics of a Evo without a spoiler?
Old May 11, 2003, 10:45 PM

i would also like to see pics of an evo with no wing.
Old May 12, 2003, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by hocy4life

but think about this...with all those positive replies you have had, how many of them do you think were said because you were there?

i am sure some were genuine though...
I'm speaking generally of strangers in this reference who have no need to make any comments, good or bad, unless they are excited enough that they make those comments to a complete stranger. Even among people I know, it's very obvious to tell the difference between somebody who's like "oh yeah, it's pretty cool!" and the people who are showing OBVIOUS enthusiasm. Anyways, it's fine if you don't like the car aesthetically, by all means, I'm just saying that the overwhelming majority of comments regarding looks have been very enthusiastically positive.
Old May 12, 2003, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Liandrin11

I'm speaking generally of strangers in this reference who have no need to make any comments, good or bad, unless they are excited enough that they make those comments to a complete stranger. Even among people I know, it's very obvious to tell the difference between somebody who's like "oh yeah, it's pretty cool!" and the people who are showing OBVIOUS enthusiasm. Anyways, it's fine if you don't like the car aesthetically, by all means, I'm just saying that the overwhelming majority of comments regarding looks have been very enthusiastically positive.
The first response of my friends, car enthusiasts as well as just regular people was very positive, they love the car. Some told me how much better looking it was than "the yellow car" (my dear old Yellow WRX).
The "strangers" (people who've just spontaneously crowd around it) have always been very impressed and made positive remarks.

Of course, I'm sure that there are many people who wont like it no matter what. Others would love it if it was not a , there are as many opinions as there are people out there. Of course, the folks who don't like it are not likely to come up to me and say "hey, that's some ugly car" or something like that. I imagine that people who do not care for the cars styling are not likely to get one............

Last edited by silverEVO8; May 12, 2003 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: stealth evo