Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

stealth evo

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2003, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stealth evo

hi all,

i was curiouse, what would have to be done to an evo to give it the apperiance of a regular lancer. i can think of

-no wing
-debadging

what else? and also, is debaging easy or do they have alignment holes like a lot of other car badges. thanks.
Old May 10, 2003, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Debadging is easy. Just blow dry and dental floss should take it off. The badges themselves are glued on. No holes to keep'em up.

To get the Stripped and get to look like a Lancer would bet subtracting the hood, wing, Brembos, altezzas, etc...anything cosmetic would have to be subtracted to make it look like a regular Lancer. But then again why would you?
Old May 10, 2003, 06:54 PM

I agree, it would seem pointless to pay all that money for these features only to try to get it to look like a regular Lancer that is $15,000 LESS?!?!?

I understand the idea of a sleeper (i.e. the car looks normal or simple but is pretty darn fast in reality), but this reverse approach seems kinda goofy (no offense). I wouldn't want to pull up to a light in an Evo-turned-Lancer just to encourage ricer noobs to race me. Besides...what would you say after you won the race and the guy asks you what you have done to your Lancer? "Heh, it's not a Lancer, it's an Evo that I stripped down to look like a Lancer?" Their response would probably be "WTF? Tard!!!"
Old May 10, 2003, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: stealth evo

Originally posted by hocy4life
hi all,

i was curiouse, what would have to be done to an evo to give it the apperiance of a regular lancer. i can think of

-no wing
-debadging

what else? and also, is debaging easy or do they have alignment holes like a lot of other car badges. thanks.
Try taking off the aluminum front fenders, the hood and somehow flattening out the flared rear fendsers too..
What's this mania that so many have about making the EVO look like something else?
Old May 10, 2003, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

I'm taking off my wing and already have the vo VII tails. While I am not trying to make it look like a Lancer (I just hate how the wing block rear vision), it does qualify as a sleeper from behind.
Old May 10, 2003, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

You can give me the parts you are taking off. PM me, I want the Evolution badge.
Old May 10, 2003, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

the ONLY things that the EVO shares with the Lancer is the roof, trunk and front door skins... so, get rid of everything else, and you'll be set...
Old May 10, 2003, 08:57 PM

it would seem pointless to pay all that money for these features only to try to get it to look like a regular Lancer that is $15,000 LESS?!?!?
what it looks like is whats pointless to me. this car in my oppinion is very ugly. but looks is not why i would by it. how it performs is why. as for making it look cheap...its already there...but i want to make it look CHEAPER because i would rather people think i had a 15K car than a 30K car. why, i just would.

from the replies i think if i did the tails, no win, and maybe hood you could convince a lamen that it was a regular lancer with a few mods. which is my goal.

btw, i don't race.
Old May 10, 2003, 09:23 PM

but i want to make it look CHEAPER because i would rather people think i had a 15K car than a 30K car. why, i just would.
Ooook, whatever floats your boat.
btw, i don't race
Like, not even Auto-cross or maybe a couple drag strip runs or occasional stoplight races? So, you want to buy a $30K car, make it look like a $15k car, with the intention of not really using its acceleration or handling potential? If you never race it, how would anybody ever know or care that it used to be an Evo?

My apologies, I'm not dissing you, do what you like to your ride, that's cool (different strokes different folks). I guess that some of us (well, me anyway) are having trouble understanding what you would gain by making an Evo look like a Lancer if you never "surprise" anybody with it.
Old May 10, 2003, 09:29 PM

My apologies, I'm not dissing you, do what you like to your ride, that's cool (different strokes different folks). I guess that some of us (well, me anyway) are having trouble understanding what you would gain by making an Evo look like a Lancer if you never "surprise" anybody with it.
no apologies needed. i understand you question(s)....let me try to answere for you.

as for racing...nope, i don't do it. i probably wouldn't mind auto xing it every once in a while...but i know i won't. BUT i WOULD use its potential. atleast a good deal of it. i want this kind of performance for everything from freeway onramps to canyon roads. its a blast to drive, its as simple as that. true i won't hit its "true potential" without tracking the car. but thats okay with me, a brisk canyon drive is all the potential i need.

as for the looks thing, and not needing to suprise anyone, i don't need to surprise anyone. its just my personal preference to look "run of the mill". the wing would be gone no matter what because its a cop magnet and i don't need any tickets. but otherwise i don't want to be noticed. i won't by this car for anyone except myself. so nobody needs to know i have it.
Old May 10, 2003, 10:06 PM

Ahhh, OK then, that helps. Nothing wrong with that. More power to ya bud, and I hope you get your Evo soon.
Old May 10, 2003, 10:21 PM

thanks, its always nice to converse with people like you.
Old May 11, 2003, 01:09 AM

I personally think the Evo is a beuatiful looking car. Why don't you just buy it with the small wing and take the lettering off the back. To most people it won't look like an Evo. Non- Evo Enthusiasts, I would think will only know the evo from it's big rear wing, so if you buy it without the wing you should be set.

Personally, I am having a hard time understanding your reasoning, but I ain't gonna loose any sleep over it.
Old May 11, 2003, 02:34 AM

If I was living in the LBC, I'd want to make my car look cheap too- so Snoop Dogg doesn't jack it.

ps: IMHO the evo 8 is a good looking auto from every angle except the *** angle....it needs a little work on the ***.
Old May 11, 2003, 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

Obviously the big wing is a big difference from the regular lancer, but another VERY prominent difference is the fender flairs. They differentiate the Evo from a regular lancer from as far away as you can see the cars, but they're needed if you plan on keeping the wide tires and brake system. Trying to make your Evo a sleeper is one thing, but if you're actually trying to seriously make it look like a plain old lancer, it's simply going to be an uphill battle all the way and many of those changes will effect the overall performance of the Evo negatively. Good luck though, if that's your thing.

Honestly, everybody who sees my car is amazed at how great it looks. I've never quite understood the ugly comments, but it's just one point of view I suppose.

Last edited by Liandrin11; May 11, 2003 at 02:44 AM.

Quick Reply: stealth evo