Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Works P2 flash gains? on a VIII

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Works P2 flash gains? on a VIII

how much of a gain is there in getting the Works P2 flash? im in cali so we only have 91 gas. i have TBE, LICP, Walbro 255, intake, and Dejon Tool MBC. how much should i gain?

i searched for 8 dyno runs but i could only fine P2 dyno runs for the IX's
Old Oct 13, 2006, 01:03 AM
Account Disabled

We typically see gains of ~25 peak HP/TQ on 91 octane with the VIII. Gains are larger elsewhere in the power band due in part to the fact the WORKS Brain Flash P2 gets rid of the boost taper.

Our engineers have spent thousands of pulls and countless hours both on the dyno and on the track tuning and tweaking the software. Everything we learn gets carried over to our so called "off-the-shelf" flashes. We can even arrange "custom" tuning if you insist, but it's generally overkill.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Works stuff is pricey but the vendor bashing was kinda bold they do an amazing amount of R&D and their stuff is A++. You cant knock these guys look at all the track cars they have and how well they do. Its hard with the introduction of EcuFlash to get that kind of money for flashes any more but they'll make it up other ways Im sure. I know if I was building a track only evo i'd definately look to these guys for their expertise
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kf6ytc
Make sure you buy the $479 o2 housing with the $600 base flash! It's well worth the money!

Originally Posted by kf6ytc
p2 is $600, this isnt even road tuned or dyno tuned........... Total scam....... u might as well get a $199 base flash from dynoflash!

If you got nothing good to say about a product, don't say anything, it makes you look like a complete imature fool.

If you can back it up with hard, factual evidence (not opinion) then have a say.

I have the works stuff on my car, it runs smoother than stock ,hold boost to redline, and has NO drivability issues. Total Quality and refinement.

WORKS flashes are conservative, but thats why you can race their motors all day without any hassles.

Mike

Last edited by Boosted GP; Oct 24, 2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
May I recommend Jestr tuning if you have the ecuflash cable?

From what I've read on this board his reputation is good and my experience with him personally was great as well.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:51 PM
ST
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted GP

WORKS flashes are conservative, but thats why you can race their motors all day without any hassles.
Ever datalog your car?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE= i searched for 8 dyno runs but i could only fine P2 dyno runs for the IX's[/QUOTE]

I have an VIII and my dyno run sheet is still posted over in the Works forum.

m~
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

local dyno day results
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ST
Ever datalog your car?
elborate?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

The gains are similar to other flashes, but the cost is outrageous, and you get nothing extra for your money. Even the whole boost control thing they claim as being so great is a non-factor, because you have an MBC. You can get a $199 mail-in flash or even a $50 e-flash if you take other routes.

Boosted GP, I'm sure you're happy with your car and your Works parts, but nothing you said is any different from other cars with much cheaper parts. It's normal to run better than stock with mods and a good tune, because the stock tune is so erratic. You don't actdually hold boost to redline. It tapers just like everyone else, but you hold more boost to redline than stock - just like everyone who has an MBC or EBC. And yes, your car SHOULD run without issues like most other modded Evos - again, that's normal and expected. The only difference then becomes the exorbitant price.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:05 PM
Account Disabled

The quality of their parts is outstanding. You definately get what you pay for. However for some reason WORKS tuned/flashed Evos always seem to put down the worst numbers out here in NorCal. I don't know why that is but I've seen it 1st hand on enough occasions and spoken to a half dozen local tuners with consistent experiences. Sorry Jaime. Your customer service is awesome and I'll buy parts from WORKS again I'm sure but these are my honest experiences on both the Gruppe-S Mustang dyno and the EIP Mustang dyno.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
The quality of their parts is outstanding. You definately get what you pay for. However for some reason WORKS tuned/flashed Evos always seem to put down the worst numbers out here in NorCal. I don't know why that is but I've seen it 1st hand on enough occasions and spoken to a half dozen local tuners with consistent experiences. Sorry Jaime. Your customer service is awesome and I'll buy parts from WORKS again I'm sure but these are my honest experiences on both the Gruppe-S Mustang dyno and the EIP Mustang dyno.
They probably put down low numbers cause its so conservative .

Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

well the flash was on the car when i bought it(i didn't know) and i took it to mitsu to have the P0300 code fixed and they flashed over it. so i called up WORKS and it will cost between $50-100 to have it reflashed with a 2 step. so its not like i have to pay $600 the original owner already did.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

i am confused... on our local board someone wrote that their works car had lots of knock and ran inconsistently?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Apex, in that case, it makes perfect sense to get reflashed as long as it only costs $50 or so. It wouldn't make sense to cost $100, because e-flashes only cost $50 brand new when not even an existing customer.

Wolf, maybe it did, but that doesn't mean it was Works' fault. The tuning is pretty easy, but auto maintenance on an Evo is not easy. People usually have all sorts of problems (boost leaks, fouled plugs, etc) without even knowing it, but they automatically blame their tuner.

Quick Reply: Works P2 flash gains? on a VIII