Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ok, 3 years later I'm thinking about trading it in for a big truck

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EMR8
Buy the big truck so you can tow your evo. That what i plan on doing. Starting to become a track jumkie!
+1

That is my plan by spring of 2007
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ew i cant believe you would want to trade your fun to drive evo for an ugly slow gas guzzling truck. trucks get like 10 mpg and they are gay plus everyone that drives a big truck drives like a ***, i would loose all respect for any evo owner that traded in their evo for a truck. i hate trucks with a burning passion though, make the right desicion.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

lol, haters are funny.. i bought myself a truck back in the beginning of this year to haul my race bike to and from the track (motorcycle road racing on the east coast with CCS/WERA/LRRS).. anyway, im a performance minded guy so i had to go with none other than an svt lightning.. currently she is pushing approx 390-400rwhp/500-510rwtq. havent run her on the dyno but that is the average real world dyno numbers for my mods.. most guys are running high 12 second 1/4 miles with this setup (meaning 12.7's/12.8's). i average about 14/15mpg which is too poor to make it my daily driver. but once she is paid off id love to have a nice evo as my dd.. these trucks run hard though.. stock they run roughly 13.6@102 in the 1/4 mile, brake from 60-0 in 122ft, and pull .86g's on the 200ft skid pad.. that is enough to beat out some sportcars and close to many others.. not bad for a 4700lb truck.

here is a pic of my truck (its at my dusty jobsite, since then the tow hitch has been removed, wheels are going black next weekend, and side windows being tinted thereafter)

and here is a little action shot for some of you bike guys...

Last edited by bmfgsxr; Oct 14, 2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

I miss my bike so bad...
Old Oct 17, 2006, 04:54 AM
Evolving Member

were you a racer?
Old Oct 17, 2006, 05:06 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evobeatsti
trucks get like 10 mpg and they are gay plus everyone that drives a big truck drives like a ***.
I refuse to believe that was written by an adult.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
The world is running out of petrol, its going to go up again. It will be very high next year (as usual)
What the hell are you talking about, lol.

If by "running out of petrol" you meant "stuck behind whatever price OPEC wants to set", then you might have had a point. Otherwise, you are misinformed.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:09 AM

I owned a Dodge Ram quad cab b4 the EVO. Loved it. Bad on gas for a DD. I was tempted last weekend to trade in the EVO for a 4x4 F-150 quad cab but they are real expensive. I even looked at a used on for around 19/22k. I'm still on the fence. I don't think I got my fill of the EVO even though the wife hates it...
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm also thinking about selling my Evo to buy a Dodge RAM! I'm also growing a mullet!
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmfgsxr
... 390-400 rwhp/500-510 rwtq ...
Yeah; but it's still a truck! (I'm sure that, given enough time and money, you could do the same thing with a shopping cart, but it would still be a shopping cart.)
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

true, it is still just a truck, but a truck that can outperform many sports cars, while carrying a motorcycle in the bed . i guess its like saying an evo is still just a lancer right.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rod Munch
Yeah; but it's still a truck! (I'm sure that, given enough time and money, you could do the same thing with a shopping cart, but it would still be a shopping cart.)
i agree +1... trucks have empty space in the back for a reason..hauling ****.. they also have a hitch where you attach a trailer to carry another vehicle... like your evo.. if you get a truck .. use it to haul your evo around!!!
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmfgsxr
it's like saying an evo is still just a lancer
I don't know about that. I was mainly just jerking your chain.

I know it's a very subjective thing, but where I live now most of the men drive pick-ups. Some of them are extremely aggressive with the vehicles. I just get tired of their apparent attitude sometimes, like the truck is sexy or something. To me, a truck can't be sexy, any more than I would find a hammer or a wheelbarrow or a shovel sexy.

To me a truck will always be a utility vehicle no matter how much you dress it up or how fast it goes. It's like wearing sequinned overalls to a black-tie party or putting lipstick on a pig.

But hey, we all get our kicks different ways and honestly, if I had a truck I'd prolly hop it up, too, although I hope I'd never consider it as a serious rival for the pure, liquid sex appeal of a hot car.

Anyway, party on.

Last edited by Rod Munch; Oct 17, 2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

oh i know man, i didnt take it personal at all, and i was messing with ya on the lancer comment, hence the smiley at the end. the lightning is a truck, but its a different breed of truck than say a dodge 1500 4x4 with a big ole hemi badge on the side of it.. just about everyone of those guys i see thinks their truck is superfast, and a license to be a bully on the road (and i love putting them bus lengths behind me too). the lightning is a sport truck, its not 4x4, it has sport tuned bilstein suspension, high performance brake system, forged internals, low compression and puts out 8psi stock on the eaton supercharger. personally mine is pushing 13psi now and it makes such a huge difference.. with good stock rubber guys pull 1.8 60' times no problem. with some dr's and slapper bars 1.7's are no problem. these trucks can hook off the line if you know what your doing. so in a sense its more than "just a truck", but at the same time its pretty cool being able to out corner, out brake, and out accelerate many sport cars in a truck. if i didnt love this truck so much id be trading it in for an evo right now since i got the itch really bad to get one. but ill just have to wait a few more years til the truck is paid off. either way
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

who the hell really cares if you want to trade your car in? i dont get these threads that ask complete strangers what they feel about big decisions

be your own man and make your own mind up