Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My EVO IX MR stolen

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks. I have bad feelings about my wifes ix every day she is at work because she has to park in a shopping center parking lot and ride a shutle to work. We have a python two way paging alarm but it doesn't reach her at work We also have a z1 pioneer navi deck in this car So I hope I'm not one of the next people posting about my car beeing stolen or broken in to. Hopefully all goes well!
Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

www.ravelco.com

it WILL NOT move without the secondary key provided. I've left my car in Tudor City, Jersey City, DC, and the likes and it's NEVER been stolen.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

have you guys noticed that before that statistic came out that evos had the most insurance claims you never heard about evos being stolen?
Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

lol !! .. i dont know why most theives are Honda Owners ! .. every thread i read about a stolen evo i see a comment or two about a Honda dude ! ..

anywayz dude sorry to hear that ...
best of luck =)
Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:30 PM

Sorry to hear that. I got lo-jack put on both my evo's before they left the dealership for just that reason. I also got secondary alarms w/pagers. Sucks that we have to do this, but everyone wants our cars and not everyone wants to pay.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Hah, that thing is junk, just a plecebo.......... the factory immobilizer preforms the same function.

Originally Posted by shivaswrath
www.ravelco.com

it WILL NOT move without the secondary key provided. I've left my car in Tudor City, Jersey City, DC, and the likes and it's NEVER been stolen.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

fyi the only way your evo was stolen was either a flatbed or an inside job (someone at mitsu or someone with a copy of your keys)...........

good luck
Old Oct 15, 2006, 03:10 PM
pao
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by veilsidefd3s87
Im hella pissed and hella mad at the idiots that dont have common sense in this world. my car got jacked last night when i came home from work straight from my appartments, and me being sick i knocked out in bed to find out that the next morning i got jacked. i got ready to go to work to find out that my car is missing and the gate to my appartment is broken. i just got done talking to the police officer and the insurance (progressive). they told me basically in simple words that 87% of car that get stolen they dont make it back in one peice.... i just got a call as im typing to you guys that the car in a different city....to find out the state of the car i dont know i will keep you guys posted. guys keep an eye out for yours because theres a lot of bad people in this world and i hated to be the one reading posts on here about other member being jacked, to find out i got jacked too.
Damn dude, I live in an apartment too. But I have mine locked up in a garage, hopefully that's safe
Old Oct 15, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

It takes about 10 seconds to get into these car's. And if they are professionals, about another 10 to get it running.. Keep your alarms and switches to your self..
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

i called the towing yard that has my car......thing is i cant go see it until tomorrow morning at 8, and then the insurance adjuster has to go... its just a bunch bs man right now i hate everything. my pride, my joy. i had awesome times, beating subies, cobras, srt-4, and etc. tell you the truth it might sound gay but i actually had tears fall down my face when i heard that they found it completely striped but left the motor and the 6-speed tranny. because it was my daily driven car and second girlfriend. tomorrow ill post pix of it......or whats left.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

as soon as i get all my parts put in.. im getting a nice *** alarm system put in most def!
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
DAMN...that's rough dude...
...good luck with it again
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

dude hopefully ull just get a new one.. and it will all be alright
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
damb thats so scary. i dont know what i would do if mine came up missing. i feel for u bro. hope insurance takes care of u good.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tripperfx3
This is the 3rd post about this this month... Im getting an alarm ASAP. Im sorry it happened mate. Keep us posted how the car is etc. Good luck and glad to hear you got another Evo already Big.
thanks .. and yes the alarm IMO should be the first mod. I learned that from experience sadly . I never expected my car to be stolen.

Quick Reply: My EVO IX MR stolen