Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My EVO IX MR stolen

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
my first mod was a clifford two way. but i am still scared and am now thinkin of lo-jack and mabee a removable steering wheel
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spdrcr456
my first mod was a clifford two way. but i am still scared and am now thinkin of lo-jack and mabee a removable steering wheel
The removable steering wheel is a good idea, but a good theif will have a steering wheel with them believe it or not (ever see gone in 60 seconds?). Also if you do that you wont have your airbag anymore.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

stolen

Sorry to hear about the bad news. I hope they find it and it isn't too bad. Hopefully it isn't vandalized. Good luck.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

I am getting another Ravelco in my evo. The only way the car could be taken with a Ravelco is with a tow truck...... I had a Ravelco on my old GSR and it worked awsome. There is no possibe way to start the car without the adapter placed into the plug.

Dude Progressive is awesome. My car was just in a hit and run accidnet...they are replacing all my aftermarket parts...it was 8k in damage too......... I am staying with Progressive.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:49 PM

wow i dont think i can sleep anymore with my evo park outside
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss!!! Don't let the hater's bring you down. Just go buy another one and try to get a garage to put it in, or the best alalm money can buy.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got a Stange Question...but where did you buy your Evo?

And where was it found?
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by veilsidefd3s87
i called the towing yard that has my car......thing is i cant go see it until tomorrow morning at 8, and then the insurance adjuster has to go... its just a bunch bs man right now i hate everything. my pride, my joy. i had awesome times, beating subies, cobras, srt-4, and etc. tell you the truth it might sound gay but i actually had tears fall down my face when i heard that they found it completely striped but left the motor and the 6-speed tranny. because it was my daily driven car and second girlfriend. tomorrow ill post pix of it......or whats left.

I'm guessin whoever stole your car drives on older EVO.....and just wanted it for the newer, nicer parts
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tripperfx3
The removable steering wheel is a good idea, but a good theif will have a steering wheel with them believe it or not (ever see gone in 60 seconds?). Also if you do that you wont have your airbag anymore.
ohh yea didnt think about that. there goes that idea.
my insurance took care of my car after some ***** ran a red and hit my rear quarterpanal. 15000 in damage and a month in the shop. cam back as good as new.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

wow really sorry to hear that....ive had to deal with it before too my 2002 audi s4 was stolen awhile back and my car ended up being totalled even though only parts were ripped off..... i was confused about that but my insurance basically wasnt going to give me anything...so ive had to completely rebuild it practically on my own i hate mass insurances..wish we could get progressive...
Old Oct 15, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

wow really sorry to hear that....ive had to deal with it before too my 2002 audi s4 was stolen awhile back and my car ended up being totalled even though only parts were ripped off..... i was confused about that but my insurance basically wasnt going to give me anything...so ive had to completely rebuild it practically on my own i hate mass insurances..wish we could get progressive...
Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

I belive that Evos are the number 2 most stolen car these days so keep your eyes open.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok Its official, I an Getting an alarm. I wonder would an alarm even help?
Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spdrcr456
the removable steering wheel is a very good idea, that would make it tough for the bandits, they would HAVE to tow it, and thats when i would come out of the weeds combat style!!!
Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lee2speed
wow i dont think i can sleep anymore with my evo park outside
I can good with the evo parked outside. God help the person who tries to steal mine from the house. Its protected by DPMS AR-15, Ruger MINI-14, 7mm magnum, Benelli 12 Gauge, Marlin and CVA .50 cal muzzleloader. And when i'm not at home with the car its protected by Taurus 357magnum!

Quick Reply: My EVO IX MR stolen