Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

high mount (third) brake light

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
high mount (third) brake light

Can anyone tell me what's the possibility of the third brake light NOT working? I just brought this Evo IX new two months ago and I did check the bulb and the fuse they all works fine.
Would it be something goes wrong with the Viper alarm system installed like a month ago?

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It would have nothing to do with the alarm installation, as the only thing you would hook up to in relation to the brake lights is the brake output wire for a remote start. And if your other brake lights work then it has to be something with that light as they are simply tied in together. One thing you could do it take the power wire for the brake light and tap it in with the rear taillight brake wire and try to see if it works then....

If not then you know it is either the ground for that light or the bulb itself....
Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
on second thought, check the connection in the trunk right beside of the light bulb assembly for that third brake light and make sure it is plugged in and that the pins are not bent inside of the connector.

It should be a white 2 pin connector...
Old Aug 16, 2013, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I know this is old I'm having a similar issue. High mount brake light is out along with my driver side rear bumper light and driver side license plate light. All other lights work and I've check all fuses . I"m stumped.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 07:14 PM

Hi there ,Im having the same problem with the
lights on my bootlid.Im going to work on it tonight ,I will let you know how I get on.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:04 PM

I found that the black cable tie body attachment thingy just forward of the drivers side boothinge had cut all the wires going to the number plate lights and the high stop lights.I added some more cable and joined them up then its all good.Hope this helps