Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fit of carbon fiber hoods

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fit of carbon fiber hoods

How well do carbon fiber hoods typically fit? As well as the stock hood?

I'm considering having a hood custom-painted for my car; I'm looking at CF only because I suspect it will be a lot cheaper than an OEM aluminum hood. I could have it shipped to my painter (Smooth Creations) and continue to drive the car with the stock hood; I could also swap the stock hood back if I wanted to.

For example, WORKS offers a GTSpec carbon fiber replica of the OEM hood for $559. Anyone have any experience with this? I assume the stock grill, windshield washers, and hood latch will simply bolt on...
Old Oct 16, 2006, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

ill add a reply
Old Oct 16, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

You can get an OEM hood for less that $400 shipped. Do a google search. That's how I got mine.

If you want a good-fitting CF hood stay away from Seibon. Their quality is *** and will crack and fade within a few months. I've seen at least half a dozen Seibon hoods and only one fit like stock. The rest were off in the front and were all fading.

The OEM hoods don't weigh much more than any of the cheaper CF hoods. And unless you want to drop $1000+ on a hood, the quality just isn't there.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd
You can get an OEM hood for less that $400 shipped. Do a google search. That's how I got mine.
Any hints? I'm having no luck finding anyone selling OEM body panels of any sort. Where did you get yours?