Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Two Evo IX MR's STOLEN LAS VEGAS AREA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Evo IX MR's STOLEN LAS VEGAS AREA

Just got a call from another salesman at United Mitsubishi here in las vegas , Apparently last night someone stole two evo IX MR's WW , RR. They smashed through the storage lot gate with a truck and who knows how they started them .
Wonder if its a Evo Owner here in Vegas or just some kids stealing cars (which i highly doubt ) .. ***in theives

I will keep you guys posted
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like an inside job...
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Yea im sure it was . I am keeping my eyes open in for sale forums , and on the streets
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like the job of a flat bed or 2... cars dont even have to be started!! well there will be 8 BBS wheels on ebay soon i would imagine, seats spoilers and engines parts.

Those cars are going to be in 10,000 peices i bet..
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds just like what happened to Smail Auto in PA... I sold mazda's and about 3 months before i got hired, a lot boy who alligns cars, washes and does the PDI work on them ( recieving them from the trucks, putting away files, keys) basically he hid all of the evidence of a black RX8 all together. Well the kid came back one night late took the car home, and no one even knew for about 1 or 2 months, when another friend/coworker of his asked about the reward for the missing RX8, that they didnt even know was missing after some denying anything was missing, looked over some paper work and BAM! they went ot the kids house and it was parked in the garage with a DEALER PLATE ON IT STILL all beat up, it was almost considered totaled....

The amazing part of this was, that smail auto was going to press charges until the kid was in the process of getting arrested and punched a cop in attempt to not get cuffed. they dropped the charges and let him go to jail for assulting an officer..

why would they care anyways, they dont techinally own cars, the banks do... they just try to sell them, in a timely fashion to prevent interest build up from the banks.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133

Those cars are going to be in 10,000 peices i bet..
I'm sure it already is
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Sounds just like what happened to Smail Auto in PA... I sold mazda's and about 3 months before i got hired, a lot boy who alligns cars, washes and does the PDI work on them ( recieving them from the trucks, putting away files, keys) basically he hid all of the evidence of a black RX8 all together. Well the kid came back one night late took the car home, and no one even knew for about 1 or 2 months, when another friend/coworker of his asked about the reward for the missing RX8, that they didnt even know was missing after some denying anything was missing, looked over some paper work and BAM! they went ot the kids house and it was parked in the garage with a DEALER PLATE ON IT STILL all beat up, it was almost considered totaled....

The amazing part of this was, that smail auto was going to press charges until the kid was in the process of getting arrested and punched a cop in attempt to not get cuffed. they dropped the charges and let him go to jail for assulting an officer..

why would they care anyways, they dont techinally own cars, the banks do...
they just try to sell them, in a timely fashion to prevent interest build up from the banks.
^^ the banks own them ?? Are you nuts ? you must have not been in the car business long . Every Car on a lot is PAID for by the dealership . The manufacturers dont front cars to any dealrship . Thats why its so expensive to start a dealership . And yea the guys that do the "PDI" pre delivery inspection are the first to touch the cars when they come off the trucks . Im sure the auto theft detectives are well aware of that
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

That is so rediculous! thieves are such pieces of $hit
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOIX4me
^^ the banks own them ?? Are you nuts ? you must have not been in the car business long . Every Car on a lot is PAID for by the dealership . The manufacturers dont front cars to any dealrship . Thats why its so expensive to start a dealership . And yea the guys that do the "PDI" pre delivery inspection are the first to touch the cars when they come off the trucks . Im sure the auto theft detectives are well aware of that

Well thats not the case as far as i was told. The bank they finance the cars through (inital purchase) lends them the sale temporarly until a consumer buys the car. That is why dealers are so easy to PUSH a car they have owned for 3 months over one that just hit the lot, because every day the car sits there, they actually lose money.

And btw i wasnt there real long ( about a year or so) until i decided school was the better route. besides making mad cash when i was 18.... wasnt that fun
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOIX4me
The cars are not owned by the car dealership...they are floor planned through a bank that the manufactor of the car works with. Usually the car dealer has about 3-6 months to sell the car before the bank charges them interest. Once the car is sold the dealer pays off the bank and the rest is profit. About once a month a person called a floor checker comes by the dealership to see if all the cars are still there....the floor checker works for the bank. Oh and dont tell me i am wrong because i know this for a fact
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Ohh and the dealership could pay for the cars themself if ther credit with the bank and manufacture of the car sucks. But if possible except for this that one situation the car dealership is at least going to take advantage of the free financing for 3-6 months or how ever long and them payoff the car. But a sign of a dealer actually paying for the cars themself is actually a sign of the dealer going out of business. Usually there inventory will get real low when they have to do this and there will be alot of used cars on the lot.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and how i know all this is because my father is the district area zone sales representive for general motors in south carolina. His job works with this everyday.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Very interesting. I've know the buyer has additional leverage when purchasing a car that's been sitting on the lot for 3+ months, but I didn't know why.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
The cars are not owned by the car dealership...they are floor planned through a bank that the manufactor of the car works with. Usually the car dealer has about 3-6 months to sell the car before the bank charges them interest. Once the car is sold the dealer pays off the bank and the rest is profit. About once a month a person called a floor checker comes by the dealership to see if all the cars are still there....the floor checker works for the bank. Oh and dont tell me i am wrong because i know this for a fact

Thanks for making my words ALOT more CLEAR..
i could say it but didnt know how