Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RnR racing feed back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read a story of someone who dealt with RNR with tremendous amount of negatively. From what i read, customer service and support was beyond bad. The more effort they spend on wreching this guys car, the more damage was done to it. This is not the way to treat a customer's car with sh!Tload of cash and mental stress involved in it. I even heard story of them reusing gaskets for fullybuilt motors for there own shop car plus others.

This is what i read, I do not know where the truth starts or ends.

by the way, if you work for RNR just say so.

Last edited by evolusion; Oct 17, 2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some guy i know ordered tbe and o2 housing along with a HKS RS intake.....took 5 weeks to get turboback even though they said they will ship out same week. Then the excuse given was that the o2 housing was on back order.... After he recieved the tbe he did not recieve the hks rs soo he called them and they told him it was on back order....took them like 3 months to charge money back and finally tell him they werent gonna get it in anytime soon....partly becasue they promissed a new intake for 250. But the TBE was great...the fitment was great and sounds great with the magnaflow muffler....btw this is not me this is what the other guy dealt with.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered a turboback exhaust from them in march. It took almost a month before i got it. They dont answer phones or return calls. My cousin and I left a few messages and never got a call back. The Exhaust fit perfert and had great quality. Its your call. If you dont mind waiting awhile for the product.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

ugh.... this is bad news since i was planning on going to them as soon as i get my evo...
Old Oct 17, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Especially considering when his profile says he works for RNR

yea and its only his 2nd post . Wonder if RnR is trying to guage how they are doing as a shop . lol
Old Oct 17, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

i just ordered a engine from ryan at rnr, thus far he has been extremely helpful and has a great price. ill post as soon as i get it, I paid friday. But i am impressed w/ the customer service so far and hope it continues because i gotta buy a turbo soon!
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

james at RnR is doing my 2.3 build...still waiting for it.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't imagine why people still go there, especially for such big things as huge turbo kits and engine builds. I cannot see why people would risk such large sums of money. Is it because their prices are as low as the quality and service?

And what's up with this guy having RNR in his name, working for RNR, and then making a post sounding like a teeny-bopper potential customer? Very strange...
Old Oct 17, 2006, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Viral marketing for the lose.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

This thread
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

RnRJames is a former employee who was fired on Monday. He is currently trying to take revenge on us I guess. I talked to him last night for 30mins and I thought we were in good standing. I will refrain from any bashing on a former employee who I considered a best friend.

If there are any questions please feel free to send me a PM or call me direct at 619-579-2304
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Honesty FTW
Action speaks louder than words FTW
Treat customers like they are giving you their hard earned money before and after the sale FTW

Lying, misleading, taking advantage of people FTL
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
RnRJames is a former employee who was fired on Monday. He is currently trying to take revenge on us I guess. I talked to him last night for 30mins and I thought we were in good standing. I will refrain from any bashing on a former employee who I considered a best friend.

If there are any questions please feel free to send me a PM or call me direct at 619-579-2304
Uhh there doesn't seem like RnRJames is doing anything wrong here. He simply posed a question about what people thought about RnR. Regardless of what his history is with you guys, or that he pretended to be a noob in the original post, the resulting avalanche of crappy responses from the members on this forum is due entirely to their own poor experiences with RnR. If this is RnRJames' way of getting "revenge," then I fully applaud his efforts because he is completely within his rights to ask a completely unbiased question.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
Uhh there doesn't seem like RnRJames is doing anything wrong here. He simply posed a question about what people thought about RnR. Regardless of what his history is with you guys, or that he pretended to be a noob in the original post, the resulting avalanche of crappy responses from the members on this forum is due entirely to their own poor experiences with RnR. If this is RnRJames' way of getting "revenge," then I fully applaud his efforts because he is completely within his rights to ask a completely unbiased question.
my thoughts exactly. i guess i havent been reading because i was gonna order a few parts from RnR. But after this thread, HELL NO!!! Sorry Rnr, you missed out on about 2-3k in sales from me
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

say no to RNR!

Last edited by saiyanzzrage; Oct 19, 2006 at 11:01 AM.