Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RnR racing feed back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RnR racing feed back

ya i was interested in purchasing some products from r n r but i just wanted to get some honest suggstions and opinions from everyone on this site.what should i buy and shouldnt i buy. do they have good customer service.i expect someting great if i spend alot of money ya kno. well ne feedback would be appreciated thanks
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:53 PM

customer service not so good. don't even bother trying to call them.. expect to wait awhile for the parts..
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It took me about 4 months to get my FMIC from them, they wont answer phones, they promise to ship it out the next day but it never does. I would advise to stay away from them. I got rid of the FMIC quite a while ago FYI.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adorkableVo
customer service not so good. don't even bother trying to call them.. expect to wait awhile for the parts..
+1 they dont make it till you order it , They tried to get me to buy a full TBE on a friday afternoon and said it would ship out the same day . Im sure he needed some Mcdonald's happy meal money but i didnt fall for his scam . Heard nothing but bad reviews on them. One guy on here purchased a roll cage only to find out it was used from their shop car
Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
They have the best looking Manifold IMHO although it is a PITA to install and has clearance issues. Their 02 housings on their turbo kits are Shit, plain Shit. Their Exhausts are nothing more then Megan ripoff's (came with my BB 50 Trim kit from them, a Megan Down pipe with the Megan badge removed. Customer service is by far the worst ever, shipping the worst ever.

Worst of all, it is their incompetance that allows AMS to charge so much for their products, becuase there really isn't any other true bolton kits with ZERO issues other then AMS. Their Quality Surpases Apexi, HKS, and greddy in the turbo kit department simply because their manifolds DOn't Crack and have a simply yet ingenius supporty bracket that is incorperated within the stock 02 housing, DUH!!!!!!! Buschur is good and has a cast manifold, no bling but EXCELENT customer service and a stock looking turbo kit that you can attach a STOCk heat sheild too, get his turbo kit, $1,000 cheaper then AMS and works just as well. If I were made of Money, my car would be 100% AMS.

Last edited by High_PSI; Oct 17, 2006 at 02:04 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

I ordered my 35R from them and its top notch. The only bad thing I can think of was the shipping for the turbo, from garret. The wait was overated.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Not bashing but a friend ordered their IC and had many fitment issues
Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

I just got my RnR Carbon Ti exhaust, licp and walbro pump a few days ago. Exhaust has a perfect fitment and the quality is notch with a nice price to match. Calling them can be a pain because they are so busy and don't answer their phone much. They do work the late night working on many customer rides just shows how much business they do get. Maybe they need to hire someone to take calls and be at the front desk? When you can get a hold of them their customer service isn't bad at all.

Last edited by Emo-lution; Oct 17, 2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Do a search. A guy bought a turbo kit from them and it came with an ebay knock off wastegate that was supposed to be a tial and the O2 housing was a mess. It looked like a first grader made it in shop class.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Had them create an external wastegate outlet that fed into the o2 housing (on one of their setups, and they did the work with all pieces in their hands). When I received it, I could not bolt up the wastegate to the outlet of the manifold while the wastegate was already connected to the outlet that fed into the o2 housing (or vice versa, basically the two pipes weren't lined up). I had to take it to a local shop to have things cut and re-welded at my cost. I asked for some compensation for this but RnR refused. Response from RnR was that it must have deformed during cooling (which I believe, but why would you let it cool disassembled then?). Also pretty shoddy welding in general, with lots of slag where they welded in the wastegate outlet to the o2 housing (had to take a dremel and remove as much as I could, and even then couldn't get a lot of it).

I will say that they were very nice to take on the job in question. The situation was that another owner had purchased the turbo kit from RnR, and after a short time of using it he'd decided to sell. He was missing some of the installation hardware, so after speaking with RnR they agreed to have him send them the kit, and they would furnish the missing hardware at no charge(meaning they had to review what was given to them). In addition I asked them to do the above work. On the bad side, they didn't provide the right hardware to mount the turbo (I forget what was bad, but the oil line outlet was, no gasket for the o2 to exhaust housing, missing bolts, etc).
Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would rate their turbokit about a 7 or 8 out of 10. Their o2 housing leaves much to be desired and I wound up grinding down some areas on the inside that were blocking flow. The manifold is nice, but is a tight fit. They are slow to ship and always say they sent it out and will give you a tracking number but in reality they haven't even shipped the product and UPS just has billing info. They don't answer the phones but are usually pretty good about getting back to you on PM's. They are hit or miss, I would say I have had mostly good experiences w/ them. Your results may vary.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:30 PM

Bought a catback from them awhile back. The wait time is bad, but the product is very well made.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RnRjames
ya i was interested in purchasing some products from r n r but i just wanted to get some honest suggstions and opinions from everyone on this site.what should i buy and shouldnt i buy. do they have good customer service.i expect someting great if i spend alot of money ya kno. well ne feedback would be appreciated thanks
Just curious if you never dealt with RNR how come your name is RNRJAMES LOL thought that was ironic.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

I can only remember hearing one good review of RNR... esp. their customer service
Old Oct 17, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mchuang
Just curious if you never dealt with RNR how come your name is RNRJAMES LOL thought that was ironic.
Especially considering when his profile says he works for RNR