Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

For all members complaining about tickets(speeding, reckless driving, etc., etc. etc.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with not liking cops many people in Southern CA have a general distrust for the police its kind of like a checks and balance hell we just had a FNG cop in Coronado shoot yes shoot a linebacker for the SD Chargers 20 miles outside his jurisdiction in which the cop was off duty and in plain close "The San Diego Chargers' Steve Foley was shot Sunday by an off-duty policeman who had followed him to his home after noticing Foley's car driving erratically, a sheriff's investigator in San Diego, California, said." Shot for reckless driving! Foley is still not walking after a month. In todays 4 cylinder world I could see how a 1969 Chevelle with a 454ci could seem "erratic."

I always keep a lookout for the comparison in car and driver road and track, etc. to see who has the best performing radar detectors @ the most competetive thats what Ive based all my radar detector purchases on. No tickets so far. Better yet I havent been shot.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by diablo2184
So only the majority of cops in patrol cars just look for speeders? is that what you are saying? thats a bunch of bull IMO.

Yes i have a non-existent thinking process because somewhere I said that every cop has the same job?

and where do you hear the "waah waah"? all i said was that cops should be doin other things to keep the community safer, and i said it was my fault.....maybe your comprehension needs a little work.....

One generalization deserves another
Old Oct 20, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd
Ok to Diablo...all I hear is "wahhhh, wahhh" You're a turd if you think cops are POS.

And since you're thinking process is non-existent you obviously don't realize that every cop has a different job to do.

Most of the cops you see in patrol cars are doing their job, keeping whiney little biznatches under control by ticketing their reckless behavior.

don't take for granted the men and women in uniform who would take a bullet to make sure your family stays safe.

im askin where you get all of this....because thats basically what you are sayin, no? And sure some may think that cops are out there to take that bullet for you.....those older fat *** cops couldnt chase down anyone. i see most cops get the job because they cant do anything else, its kinda easy to get the job, and they think they are the **** once they become one.

the several times i have been pulled over by the younger cops, they act all badass cuz they have that badge. and then the older cops just **** with the younger drivers since they have the "authority" and if there wasnt any real reason to pull me over then i show them up because they arent so bad as they think they are. like i said, i have only gotten one ticket from that HP

Last edited by diablo2184; Oct 20, 2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hk2ronin
the bullsh!t tickets I can understand a post about(the whale tale wing, or stock exhaust). But tickets for loud aftermarket exhaust, speeding, etc. you wanna play you better to be ready to pay. Bluedemon is your detector hardwired. I had that same problem with my V1 after about 6 months of it being hardwired(crappy vampire clips). Took wire strippers and stripped the wires and twisted together, electical taped em, and havn't had a problem since. It was also happening with my turbo timer because of the same reason. Solved it with the same solution @ the same time. Had evrything open so I killed two birds with one stone.
hk2ronin, Nah my radar detector is connected to the cig lighter, is one of those plug-n-play cheapo devices unlike those high-end ones that are hardwired and hidden away for personal comfort and to not look so suspicious when we get pulled over by cops. I guess is my sound package on my evo that's pulling too much power and creating a power drain or something. My 2 centavos.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

No one with the v1's has been pulled over by KU band yet?

Your detectors dont pick that up...

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd
don't take for granted the men and women in uniform who would take a bullet to make sure your family stays safe.

How bout the cop that almost ran me over in a Jewel parking lot because his buddy sped through the front entrance about a minute before he did, and he was flying ***** to the walls right after him... im guessing he was so excited he just got the new charger cop car cause that was the first time i had seen one in my area.

no, i agree will all of you that say if you get pulled over for something that you are guilty of (speeding, loud exhaust, whatever it may be) dont point the finger the other way. suck up and take some responsibility. Granted it sucks, and gets expensive, but you should have known very well when you got the car that it kinda sticks out, a lot.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Bluedemon I hardwired it myself with the kit that came with the V1. It is still visible if cop looks in the passenger window(its just right of the rear view), the only thing that is hidden is the power cord which runs up the a pillar and under headliner to the unit. THere is only a couple of inches of wire that is exposed. It wasn't that hard to do-there was a write-up on the how to section that worked great(it was for V1 but I believe you could do the install for any detector that had a hard wire kit. There is a way to make it almost invisible(another write up on here) but you need the V1 concealed display, two units, alot of power wire, and a complete teardown of the interior. It looked aewsome but I wasn't about to spend that much money and time concealing it.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:24 AM

There are good cops.

and there are bad cops.

The end.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

I have Cobra 12Band XRS 9330, not the best on the market but it saved me on more than a few occasions. People should just man up when they get stopped by the cops for doing something they know they shouldn't. If they don't get a break or can't talk their way out of a ticket then they b*tch and moan that cops are POS, not all cops are. When I got my evo I had my BR TBE sitting at home and within 20 hrs of taking the car home I had it installed. Wouldn't you know it....taking the car for a test drive I got pulled over 5 blocks from my house for speeding and only got a warning. Cop said he knows it's a fast car but i should take to the track. I thanked the officer for giving me a break and took my a** back home. Knock on wood, 15 months as a EVO owner and no tickets.........the novelty hasn't worn off but i am way more carefull when i'm in that car. I try to keep my craziness for the track.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha you all are killing me..i use to drive ahighly modded honda and would get pulled over for no reason...and now I upgraded to a much higher horsepower car and haven't even gotten looks, and i'm running a test pipe
+1 for the valentine worked flawlessly in both of my vehicles
Old Oct 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

i get bagged all the time and i suck it up... except when he SINGLES me out of a crowd of 20 all doing 65. he didnt pull me over cuz im a chick alright? its cuz im red and i got a big wing.

accept the system because I bought this car and should expect prejudice treatment? **** THAT! are you NOT operating on logic? I have a CAR, im not driving a ****ing airplane on the streets. if i didnt break a law, i don't deserve a ticket, simple as that.

i think the system is extremely flawed. they dont make bank off catching murderers and rapists, but you know how much the city makes EACH YEAR off speeding tickets, parking violations, loud muffler tickets?

thats why they have quotas cuz THE CITY WANTS TO MAKE $. NYPD is a business, so is everything else on earth. it just want to generate profit, sure they HAVE to save a few lives sometimes but you know thats not their intent any longer.

Last edited by AllYouCanTiff; Oct 21, 2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Bluedemon I hardwired it myself with the kit that came with the V1. It is still visible if cop looks in the passenger window(its just right of the rear view), the only thing that is hidden is the power cord which runs up the a pillar and under headliner to the unit. THere is only a couple of inches of wire that is exposed. It wasn't that hard to do-there was a write-up on the how to section that worked great(it was for V1 but I believe you could do the install for any detector that had a hard wire kit. There is a way to make it almost invisible(another write up on here) but you need the V1 concealed display, two units, alot of power wire, and a complete teardown of the interior. It looked aewsome but I wasn't about to spend that much money and time concealing it.
Well I don't care if I hardwire it or now cuz cops around here don't have a problem with having a radar detector unless it can also block off their radar, then is like make a RUN FOR IT!!!!! Although if hardwiring it could fix my current electrical problem then i'll do it no doubt.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

For all you members that are complaining about getting tickets for reckless driving, speeding, etc., etc., etc. slow the f#ck up or don't complain when you get bagged up. You wanna play sooner or later you will have to pay. Stop crying and be a man\woman about it and deal with the consequences of your actions. Im not saying I drive like grandma but I went out and dropped $400 on a valentine one radar\laser detector the first week I got my evo. It has more than paid for itself so I suggest you do the same. If you have a different one I suggest selling it, throwing it away and getting a V1 because Ive heard of other detectors letting people down. My V1 has only not gone off once and that is because the cop did not have his radar on, other than that it has always given me ample warning and allowed me to slow down before getting tagged. Im not saying its fullproof but I havnt gotten a ticket yet(knock on wood) in my evo. Sorry for the rant Im just sick of looking @ threads about people speeding and then complaining when they get a ticket.
you know, save your $400 and spend it on track events/HPDE and you won't ever have to worry about tickets, cops or bad drivers. AND you will actually learn a lot about your car and handling it. speeding and driving aggressively on the street is dumb.

and yes i do speed sometimes...mostly on road trips when i'm in a group of cars...usually heading to a track
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:38 PM

For all you members that are complaining about getting tickets for reckless driving, speeding, etc., etc., etc. slow the f#ck up or don't complain when you get bagged up. You wanna play sooner or later you will have to pay. Stop crying and be a man\woman about it and deal with the consequences of your actions. Im not saying I drive like grandma but I went out and dropped $400 on a valentine one radar\laser detector the first week I got my evo. It has more than paid for itself so I suggest you do the same. If you have a different one I suggest selling it, throwing it away and getting a V1 because Ive heard of other detectors letting people down. My V1 has only not gone off once and that is because the cop did not have his radar on, other than that it has always given me ample warning and allowed me to slow down before getting tagged. Im not saying its fullproof but I havnt gotten a ticket yet(knock on wood) in my evo. Sorry for the rant Im just sick of looking @ threads about people speeding and then complaining when they get a ticket.

I argee V1 FTW.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:43 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

THe new V1s do pick up KU. You have to enter programming and enable it. its off by default (Its designed for Europe).
Old Oct 28, 2006, 07:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great post! I couldn't agree more.

Then again personal responsibility isn't something most people are raised with anymore so it's not really surprising. It's always someone's fault(see cops be haiten on mez dawg), or yo dawg them lawz r teh stupidz.

Quick Reply: For all members complaining about tickets(speeding, reckless driving, etc., etc. etc.