Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Info on peeling calipers and cf wing defects!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on peeling calipers and cf wing defects!!

I just spoke to Huntington Beach Mitsubishi. The service Manager (who is a nice guy), observed my peeling calipers (now completely pink), and also my clear coat "flawed" CF wing. he pitched it to the Mitsubishi district rep. the rep. told him that. "we are repairing those parts REGARDLESS OF MILEAGE, but ONLY for original owners." The "original owners" part is new to me!?!? Anyone else run into this? BTW, sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum...I am new to this..
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ummmmm that sounds fishy.....i mean adding another owner doesn't make the calipers peel any different. That's whack.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

the dealer here in Nebraska told me they are replacing the full wing no matter what. i dont know about the calipers
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

news to me, as of last year i was told i was outta luck, since i was (just) past 36k miles.

i hope this is true, it'd go a long way toward making me feel better about mistu's support of these cars.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
OFF TOPIC: ATTN fricci4993 has a modded EVO with no cat. . Just kidding man it's cool to have cops on thw board. Serve and protect brother

ON TOPIC: Try another dealer if possible. That original owner thing is BS. As said what would that have to do with the fading and peeling parts
Old Oct 20, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Remember gsrboi80, I am a cop, not a tree hugging eco-activist! :-) Evo's with less back pressure win races, lack of ozone does not! *****ATTENTION*****....CAPTAIN, IF YOU READ THIS KNOW ONE THING...THE CAT-LESS ROUTE IS FOR TRACK PURPOSES ONLY!!! Ummm, I.......... gotta go!!!! C-YA~ :-)
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by fricci4993
Remember gsrboi80, I am a cop, not a tree hugging eco-activist! :-) Evo's with less back pressure win races, lack of ozone does not! *****ATTENTION*****....CAPTAIN, IF YOU READ THIS KNOW ONE THING...THE CAT-LESS ROUTE IS FOR TRACK PURPOSES ONLY!!! Ummm, I.......... gotta go!!!! C-YA~ :-)
Smooth one lmao