Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsu dealer not letting me test drive?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, sounds like a lot of you guys just have Mitsu dealers who are a PITA!

I'm 19 and a 4g63 guy to the core (I drive a DSM). Well, my old man was looking for a new car this summer and was considering a Nissan 350z or a Nissan Murano. I told him there was now way I would let him buy either until he at least test drove an EVO. So we drove on down to the local Mitsu dealer and it turned out they didn't have an EVO on the lot! sucks, I know. Well, for the next couple weeks I would stop by periodically just to check if they had one on the lot yet. Finally, after like 2 months they got an EVO RS in stock. By that point, they knew I was hellbent on my dad getting an EVO, so they were more than happy to throw us the keys to the beast in hopes of making a sale. The best part about it? It was just me and my old man. I thought they would send a babysitter to keeps tabs on us, but nope... they did no such thing. Honestly, it was the best ride/drive of my life. My dad switched places with me half way, so I got a chance to drive, and damn if that thing didn't haul! Puts my GST to shame. To make a long story even longer my dad ended up getting a Murano. In the end, I didn't even care... it was his car choice not mine. All I wanted was him to give the EVO a chance... and give me the ride of my life in the process.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
No need to test drive it. It REALLY is that fun. But I know what you mean you want to test it before you buy it. Just make sure when you do buy it that it has 5 miles or less.......
the "don't buy it unless it has 5 miles or less" mentality is why most dealers don't allow test drives.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Its just a car .... never heard of anyone bought an evo which has problem from previous test drive .

I went to the first place , and tyring to get a test drive , bcoz I am concern about the harsh ride and nervious tseering , I am going to use it as a daily driver.

They kinda making excauses like it's late or whtever , so I ended up got a test drive from the other place which actually emailed me to come test drive it first and then we can see if I like it.

I guess it is dealer's attitude.

To ALL Dealers :
it is just a car , u dun turn away test drives , u just keep a tight eye on some dangerous ppl
while they r test driving ( I.e. old women tht cant drive a stick well ... An Audi sales guy told me tht .... new A6 turned into pieces )
Old Oct 23, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Steve_P
the "don't buy it unless it has 5 miles or less" mentality is why most dealers don't allow test drives.
Then the dealership needs to allot one Evo SOLELY for test driving.