Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsu dealer not letting me test drive?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsu dealer not letting me test drive?

MY local mitsu dealer will not let me test drive an evo IX!

They have one and say the only way I can test drive it is if I put down a 1,000 dollor non refundable deposit to by mine!!!!

WTF I told him that defeats the purpose of a ****ing test drive.

then he told me they don't want to risk something happening to the engine...wtf I told him that theres no way Im goin got buy a car from someone wihtout test driving it.

anyways needed to vent on how stupid this guy is. the next closest mitsu dealer is 100 miles away but going to the SEMA show in like 2 weeks so i'll be able to test drive one in las vegas :/ but theres no way in hell im going to test drive in in vegas and buy one through the douches in tallahassee, maybe I'll buy one in las vegas and have it shipped back here?

Last edited by Zoxygen; Oct 20, 2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

That's crazy.

I would tell them to go to the town of ... Kiss-a-my-***.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to test drive it. It REALLY is that fun. But I know what you mean you want to test it before you buy it. Just make sure when you do buy it that it has 5 miles or less.......
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

im sure there are reasons behind this most people just to in to test drive one because they want to drive the car and not actually buy it.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

are you over 21 or 24......i know some dealers wont let you test drive if you are under either age...i forget what age.

if u decide to buy, go somewhere else and then roll up at that dealer in it.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Is there a used one on the lot that they'll let you test drive?
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

dont even get me started!!!!! I went there with my sti to trade in for an evo and they wouldnt let me test drive one also. I said what the f is that? they wanted a 1000 down too just to drive it. I waved 10k in their face and walked out.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by STIGOD
dont even get me started!!!!! I went there with my sti to trade in for an evo and they wouldnt let me test drive one also. I said what the f is that? they wanted a 1000 down too just to drive it. I waved 10k in their face and walked out.
good call,

Zoxygen:
Find a buddy here thats in your area for a test run if your out of luck
Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Dealer offer me to test drive it, i said no.. i told them let's go sit down and talk about the #. they said.. no no no.. go take a spin first. i was like.. wtf.. seriously, i never test drive an evo, i just go buy it.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Test Drives are over rated, find a used one and Test Drive it. if you want to make the Trip i will give you a Ride in mine, but i drive. Its a blast. I bought mine without ever goin on a test drive. I did Get to ride in one though. Evo>Sti
Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

i didnt get a test drive either. it's understandable: imagine how many pimple faced kids/fake buyers pop out at the Mitsu/Subaru dealerships everyday lookin for a joyride just to beat on brand new Evo/STi's.

i was personally happy to have gotten my Evo IX with low miles on it, fresh off the boat, knowing the nobody before me test drove it and beat the sh*t out of it.

now, not saying u're a kid or that u're not ready to buy, but just put urself in the dealership's position and think from their perspective, imo it's perfectly understandable.

best way is to go to a local Evo meet and see if u could test drive one there or ask for a ride, the latter should be easily obtained. good luck.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

They tried to pull that same crap on me at the local dealership here. The guy said no one but the sales ppl could drive it and asked if I wanted a ride. I said the heck, next thing we turn the corner, he pulls over hops out and tells me to hop in the driver seat.

He said they have some gay rule about only sales ppl can drive it off the lot, but once out the road it was another storry.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

if you have been on this forum for any reasonable amount of time then it shouldnt be surprising... most people either dont get to test drive it or the dealer pulls your credit before you can test drive it...
Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bryant
They tried to pull that same crap on me at the local dealership here. The guy said no one but the sales ppl could drive it and asked if I wanted a ride. I said the heck, next thing we turn the corner, he pulls over hops out and tells me to hop in the driver seat.

He said they have some gay rule about only sales ppl can drive it off the lot, but once out the road it was another storry.

i asked my local Dealer to give me a Ride in it, they Said they can't. Later the Same Sales rep started to brag that he had an Evo, and I said Give me a Ride in that one then, he laughed cause he knew i had him stuck between a Rock and a Hard place. I later found a kid with an Evo and Got a ride in that one, he is now a good freind. but after that I decided I WAS defenitely Getting an Evo.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zoxygen
MY local mitsu dealer will not let me test drive an evo IX!

They have one and say the only way I can test drive it is if I put down a 1,000 dollor non refundable deposit to by mine!!!!

WTF I told him that defeats the purpose of a ****ing test drive.

then he told me they don't want to risk something happening to the engine...wtf I told him that theres no way Im goin got buy a car from someone wihtout test driving it.

anyways needed to vent on how stupid this guy is. the next closest mitsu dealer is 100 miles away but going to the SEMA show in like 2 weeks so i'll be able to test drive one in las vegas :/ but theres no way in hell im going to test drive in in vegas and buy one through the douches in tallahassee, maybe I'll buy one in las vegas and have it shipped back here?
They didn't let me drive it , either. To many joy rides. Just deal with it.

Quick Reply: Mitsu dealer not letting me test drive?