Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What a great way to start off my weekend...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great way to start off my weekend...

So about 10:15 last night I got to meet some of my friends at a local Taco Bell. A highschool football game just ended, so it's really busy. We get out of there as soon as we can. I come out withy my friends, and we talk outside for about 5 minutes, and decide on some plans. I walk back to my car, and this is what i see....

somebody didn't learn how to park there car , and on top of that they don't inform the car owner.

I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on the best way to fixt his problem . Should I just get some touch paint from the dealer? What do you guys suggest?
Thanks for your help guys
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Son of a ****. I hate it when **** like this happens. Such a hassle.

It's kinda hard to tell but the bumper is kinda deformed now right ?
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

I think you should get CSI on the case, track that SOB down and lay a beating to em'. Seriously though, I cant tell much from your pics but, it looks like there is quite a bit of paint scrapped off, and possibly some denting. Looks like it needs to go to the body shop.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

damn that sucks sorry bro...call insurance get a JDM rear
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:54 AM

there's no denting, that's just the lighting from the pics. it's only paint scraped off

oh and on the jdm rear, i'd be all over that if it any where near tha to repair. do they even come pre painted in GG?
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is your paint removed, or was rubber from the other bumper deposited? I had someone to that to me 2 years ago, and it literally buffed right out. I reached up under the bumper and popped it back out with my hand and then cleaned of the the rubber residue with some rubbing compound. Looks as good as new.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Greg K
is your paint removed, or was rubber from the other bumper deposited? I had someone to that to me 2 years ago, and it literally buffed right out. I reached up under the bumper and popped it back out with my hand and then cleaned of the the rubber residue with some rubbing compound. Looks as good as new.
the paint is rubbed off. there was some white paint deposited, but i got most of that off with a towel
Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:58 PM

well.. i went to the dealer earlier today to get a estimate on how much it would be to repair, but turns out there body shop closed at 12, so I was too late. I will head over there monday, but anybody have any idea how much something like this would cost? no dents, just the paint scraped off to the bare bumper. looking at the scratch just frustrates me
thanks for your help guys
Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm guessing between $400 - $700 to paint the whole bumper. I hope it's less, though, for your sake.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:22 PM
Pocket Mo

Might as well go with a JDM rear bumper if you have to repaint the whole bumper. Wish you luck.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Okay here is what you do from a law enforcement standpoint... notify the cops like, yesterday. Knowing that you know the short time span the incident was isolated in, you then check out the plaza (I assume a shopping center of some sort due to you being at a Taco Bell), talk to the business' there and see if there is closed circuit TV/surveilance of the parking lot, so you can hopefully grab a plate number. Give them the time frame to the police, then get them for Felony hit and run (felony because repairs are over $400.00)...good luck man...let me know if it pans out for ya..
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by fricci4993
Okay here is what you do from a law enforcement standpoint... notify the cops like, yesterday. Knowing that you know the short time span the incident was isolated in, you then check out the plaza (I assume a shopping center of some sort due to you being at a Taco Bell), talk to the business' there and see if there is closed circuit TV/surveilance of the parking lot, so you can hopefully grab a plate number. Give them the time frame to the police, then get them for Felony hit and run (felony because repairs are over $400.00)...good luck man...let me know if it pans out for ya..
hell yeah! get that SOB lol...
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:02 AM

Damn that really sucks. Seriously, how hard is it to park? It pisses me off to no end. And to think these people drive on the highway.

I hope your repair doesn't cost that much and that the cameras caught the incident.

Good luck
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that really sucks. at least its not dented
i would just get some touch up paint have at it
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:33 AM
Evolving Member

Damn that sucks *****!!!

Now you have an excuse to get the JDM IX bumper now

Quick Reply: What a great way to start off my weekend...