Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: which of these TBE
Apexi
12.77%
HKS Hi-Power
61.70%
megan
25.53%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Which exhaust is better?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dead-Man Inc
Depends on your Taste ..
But i always Say .. Buschur ..
+1

i LOVE my buschur...
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
yeah the hi power isgood, but if you have a IX it does hit the Drive shaft. you need a couple Hose clamps to help pull it away from the shaft. At least thats what I have had to do with all the HKS exhausts i have installed. unless I am doing something wrong, please tell me its realy annoying having to do that.
i just put the HKS hi-power on my IX it fit absolutly perfect...

**If anyone needs pics i have a buncha pics of the HKS hi-power exhaust on my IX and also some video clips of the sound....
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iheartevos
i just put the HKS hi-power on my IX it fit absolutly perfect...

**If anyone needs pics i have a buncha pics of the HKS hi-power exhaust on my IX and also some video clips of the sound....
+1 for the hks on the ix, perfect fitment, no rubbing, and who the hell cares if its not 3 inches? my downpipe isnt 3 inches either (2.75 espelir) and i made over 400 to the wheels with my meth tune

you need to stop reading that 3 inches is a must, because its not with the stock turbo. aftermarket yes. stock is not a necessity.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

WORKS Stealthworks: some performance gains, more importantly no hassles from cops.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
+1 for the hks on the ix, perfect fitment, no rubbing, and who the hell cares if its not 3 inches? my downpipe isnt 3 inches either (2.75 espelir) and i made over 400 to the wheels with my meth tune

you need to stop reading that 3 inches is a must, because its not with the stock turbo. aftermarket yes. stock is not a necessity.
+1 I love my JIC TI exhaust with 2.75 inch tanabe dp fitment is perfect is it sound great to
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

vishnu signiture sounds fantastic i held out till i found the one i thought sounded best for the price i thought was fair (free in my case).

the buschur slip fit exhaust is a poor method of assembling an exhaust. it sounds good, and it performs well, but jesus, it would save soooooo much time if they just welded on a flange instead of the retarded giant strap clamps. not to mention they send you an assortment of hardware that requires both metric and english sized wrenches. whats up with that? and if they are shooting for weight savings, i'm sure the v-band clamp on the vishnu is a lighter design and soooo much easier to fit.

ok, rant off. installed a buschur power package this weekend, and got fed up with the exhaust after one of the pipes wouldn't fit in its mating partner. had to give it some positive reinforcement (bigger hammer, and channel-locks). apparently one of the tube ends was crushed a little. thats a major downfall of the slip fit design. i guess if comp cams can take tons of **** for a few cams that had the wrong thread for the cam angle sensor, the buschur exhaust can take some too.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Ive got the Buschur TBE and great quality, but its slipfit and i dont like that. Also it knocks up against the driveshaft at times. Also its basically just a straight pipe with a muffler. So its a little loud, but it does sound good and Raspy. The Magnaflow muffler is supposed to be quieter.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

turbo xs TB
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better for what?... Better than what?.... It depends what you want. Are you looking for higher HP? are you looking to increase or maintain torque? Do you want comfort (quiet) or are you looking for a noisier exhaust tone.... How about price, are you interested in saving money?

Believe it or not, the stock exhaust works wonderfully well. You do sacrifice a few ponies (maybe 12 whp for catback). But it has the best tone for least noise. Very comfortable over the long run and gets no attention from police. Also, your low end torque can actually be better with the stock exhaust. Also, the price is really hard to beat... How about spending $0.00 on your exhaust?

If you want a good 3" DP with a matching cat delete from B&S, let me know, I'll sell it to you cheap... You can fit many catback (including stock) exhausts to it. I went back to stock and I'm totally happy with it
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Are you set on just those three? I think you should do what everyone else is saying and look around a little bit at AMS, buschur, etc.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

HorsePowerFreaks 3.5 TBE
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Works!
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anything that is straight as an arrow and at least 3"