Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

modifications supported by credit cards??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of my mods I pay for is credit card. I might use some cash once in a while. It just no so painfull to me to put $400 on a credit card. To give that much cash gives me second thoughts a lot. But it's not a big deal to write a check to a credit card company later on too. So I have no problem paying for my parts with CC, as long as I don;t see cash. A lot of cash in my hands always gives me doubts. Plus I don't have that "pay off one part and move onto another" thing going either. Cause for the first 2 months I might buy more stuff and at the end pay less, another 2 months I might not buy anything and still good $$$ on my statement.

Anyways making sure you can pay off what you're buying is important. And always keep something on the side in case of some kind of emergency.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05
Does that make her the since she owns you, now?
+1
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

i always pay with a CC. I always pay it off quickly also. But the thing with CC's are, you have a free 30 days to pay a bill (with no interest), and if something aweful happens, you also have the right to refuse the charge if needed. Basically it gives you some leverage if for some reason you need it legally. With cash.............when it's gone, it's gone.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ibanez_926
I dont even have a credit card.

Just so you know.....credit cards may be the devil, but they help you build credit. I am not saying go buy stuff you cant afford, but like others have said buy stuff on credit that you can pay for at the end of the month.

I am in real estate right now, and for those of you looking to buy homes in the near future (5 years or sooner)...for ANY mortgage you will need FOUR LINES OF CREDIT at the same time for over two years before any mortgage company will consider giving you a loan for a house.

So basically you are going to NEED a credit card. It helps you build credit. A car loan is another line of credit and pay that off too. And if you have a school loan then that is another line of credit. And if your parents co-signed or paid for it then it DOES NOT HELP YOUR CREDIT....it helps theirs.

So basically if you want a house you need 4 lines of credit and I have found that credit cards are the easiest to maintain. I have three cards and only really use one for 99% of the purchases and have a loan that I am paying on.

So please think about your future and realize that you need to look into this stuff before making assumptions.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by housedj
since i'm a darkie & have black credit (born with $100k in bankruptcy in my name) i find it easier to use the wife's debit card...
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

I pay cash. I refinanced my EVO loan too to my discover card and pay no interest for the life of the transfer as long as I put 2.00 a month on the statement. Only 1,750 bux left on the car which Ive been paying 250 a month on. Another good thing with credit cards is those promos where they give you 0% for a given time. What I usually do is cash it out (15,000 - 20,000 at a time) and roll it in a bank (money market or cd) and then pay it off just before the promo expires. Having good credit is important in America its one thing you don't wanna eff up.