Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

modifications supported by credit cards??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
modifications supported by credit cards??

Hey guys i know alot of you guys have nice paying jobs but i see there are a TON of modded evos around here especially with turbo upgrades. Now with that being said turbo upgrades arent cheap. No matter what kit the 30r, 35r, 37r even the 50 trim. U still end up paying 3-4k for the kit injectors EMS and so on.My question to you guys how many use their credit cards to support mods. This thread should get interesting!!
Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

dont do it save the money up and pay cash.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Too Late!! I would say 75% of mods were purchased with a credit card.

Last edited by WrX Kila; Oct 23, 2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All of my mods have been perchased by credit cards, I just make the minimum payment. I can not wait until I get my inheritance$$$$$

I know I can not spell.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8904
All of my mods have been perchased by credit cards, I just make the minimum payment. I can not wait until I get my inheritance$$$$$

I know I can not spell.

Holy crap

You have the wrong mind set. your always going to be broke
Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Still stock here, only have a boost gauge. The best mod is the title to the car, only 2 more years.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

only cash
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

To be honest I dont think anyone with a big turbo will drop like 4k in cash. Your average evo owner is not PAID.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

I would hazard to guess that the vast majority of owners have "financed" their mods, whether they admit it or not. There is a certain public stigma associated with this, but secretly many owner's sense of instant gratification and "keeping up with the Jones" wins out. Remember, it's your ride. If you're modding to be accepted or thought of as cool, then you need to find a cheaper "ego booster" unless you are pulling in some major dough and have a large expendable income.

I myself have "financed" some mods...however, my approach is a bit different...the only times I have, have been when there is a true sale on something that I have been wanting, but the fun fund isn't big enough to absorb. The trick here is to have enough self-discipline to pay that off before moving on to the next gotta have mod.

Self control is a difficult thing to excercise. Just don't fool yourself in to thinking that if you outwardly put on the show of being able to afford this stuff, but privately you are in debt up your eyeballs, everything will be fine. That is the real danger.

I will now get off the soapbox and turn in my collar.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05
I would hazard to guess that the vast majority of owners have "financed" their mods, whether they admit it or not. There is a certain public stigma associated with this, but secretly many owner's sense of instant gratification and "keeping up with the Jones" wins out. Remember, it's your ride. If you're modding to be accepted or thought of as cool, then you need to find a cheaper "ego booster" unless you are pulling in some major dough and have a large expendable income.

I myself have "financed" some mods...however, my approach is a bit different...the only times I have, have been when there is a true sale on something that I have been wanting, but the fun fund isn't big enough to absorb. The trick here is to have enough self-discipline to pay that off before moving on to the next gotta have mod.

Self control is a difficult thing to excercise. Just don't fool yourself in to thinking that if you outwardly put on the show of being able to afford this stuff, but privately you are in debt up your eyeballs, everything will be fine. That is the real danger.

I agree with you 100% ...well said
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05

Ditto

As my wife would say, "The nights are too long to be worrying about where you will get your next meal." Pay for the essentials first, the Evo is a luxury we want, not something we need. That being said I do the same as WhiteEvo05, I may use a credit card to buy something but that item will be paid off before I get the next mod.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm guilty of financing a couple mods mostly i wait until i can have spare cash besides my obvious debts like student loans and so forth. It takes awhile but it doesn't add more stress to my life
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8904

I know I can not spell.
Troll?

Newbie with the most inflammatory remark I've heard all week. That statement is so ***-backwards I seriously want to retch.

If you are a troll, you just got the knee-jerk response you were looking for, hope you're happy. If you're not, God help you.

Seriously, that's messed up.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:42 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

All of my mods were paid in cash (typical bolt ons: tbe, mbc, flash etc.)
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by urBan_dK
Troll?

Newbie with the most inflammatory remark I've heard all week. That statement is so ***-backwards I seriously want to retch.

If you are a troll, you just got the knee-jerk response you were looking for, hope you're happy. If you're not, God help you.

Seriously, that's messed up.
??????????????????????/
If he is telling the truth what's the big deal. He is not asking for a hand out(I hope not)