Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

accedent damage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow thats crazy i will have to check that out. ill get some pictures up tomarrow of the side damage of the car. hopefully if i'm lucky they will let me replace parts like the head lights tail lights rear bumper and front bumper with evo ix or jdm parts. does anyone know about how insurance deals with that?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow thats crazy. good luck with the repairs
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evobeatsti
wow thats crazy i will have to check that out. ill get some pictures up tomarrow of the side damage of the car. hopefully if i'm lucky they will let me replace parts like the head lights tail lights rear bumper and front bumper with evo ix or jdm parts. does anyone know about how insurance deals with that?
Probably not. It's either get the money and do whatever you want or have it fixed and don't worry about anything else. Go around and get some quotes on how much it will cost to fix the stuff you can't (like roof etc.) Get the money from insurance and then replace stuff like someone mentioned already before - CF hood, trunk etc, and with the rest money have the car fixed at the shop. Or get it fixed and then buy aftermarket goodies (that sounds like a right thing to do)
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fevo
read the estimate carefully , some shaddy places will use base (i.e. normal lancer) estimate to cheat the insurance co. to approvefixing it , then they will claim ur car has 'special' package and skyrocketing the parts price more than ur car worth.

This happended to me before with another car , the costs to fix on quote is $22k and it ended up charged insurance co. as $27k
That is exactly what happened to me and the evo. 22 then it mgically became 29. When I found out I gave them hell but it was too late
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Usually if you take your car to a place that the insurance company recommends, they will guarantee all the repairs 100%.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would put in a roll cage after this just to be safe... But best of luck!!!!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

btw my old car was estimated and fixed in a shop tht in the insurance co rec. list theyt sent me .

I went to talk with my ins agent , they said .. "um ... yea , ur car worth $26k , if they quoted $27k we would have total it. the list only means we would pay and deal with them directly"

The place charged $1k for 1 15 inch rim (AMG sports package ) ..... thts some ***** they have

Originally Posted by smoothmarine187
Usually if you take your car to a place that the insurance company recommends, they will guarantee all the repairs 100%.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Get another estimate thats way too low
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
I would put in a roll cage after this just to be safe... But best of luck!!!!
I seriously hope that you are joking. If that car would have had a cage in it, he could have cracked his unprotected skull against it when the car flipped. This accident is a perfect example of why a rollcage in a street car is so dangerous - You're not driving with harnesses, and you are not driving with a helmet on the street.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:22 PM

hey evobeatsti, you are now famous on NASIOC's OT - (and not in a good way)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1122655
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:37 PM
SBW

Originally Posted by INFID3L
hey evobeatsti, you are now famous on NASIOC's OT - (and not in a good way)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1122655
you're a retard

also, if you put a cage in that car, be prepared to wear a helmet at all times. Just wear your seatbelt and be careful
Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
I seriously hope that you are joking. If that car would have had a cage in it, he could have cracked his unprotected skull against it when the car flipped. This accident is a perfect example of why a rollcage in a street car is so dangerous - You're not driving with harnesses, and you are not driving with a helmet on the street.
Ok one im saying he should get one not that he needed one! two thats not saying a full one either so dont assume it to be a full roll cage. If my roof has been crushed and has been fixed i still would pay the $400
for a rear 4 point roll cage just for the peace of mind it would give me.

+ if he was wearing a seat belt his head should never touch the roof or a good cage. I've personally been in a car when it fliped with a cage with just a lap belt and no helmet, my head is fine!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

i cant believe that people can seriousely sit there and look at a thread like this and post mean comments about it. people like you make our community suck. i just asked for an honest opinion and i get that gay **** that infadel decided to post up at nasioc. i am way younger that a lot of you guys but for some reason i feel so much mature than some of you a**holes that have nothing better to do then sit on here and flame someone for their misfortunes
Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Honestly dont worry about it... i see more wrxs in my shop for stupit stuff than any evo!!!! But I will ask what happened in your other crash? why didnt they fix the brakes? I would kill who ever didnt do there job to keep me safe! that could of been you life if you where going normal speeds!!!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

my car was parked in a parking space and one of my friends driving his dualy wasnt paying attention and put his truck in reverse floored it and actually crushed a kid in between my evo and the dualy, everyone ended up fine except for the crushed kid had a briken femur, i guess that they didnt notice that the brake was a little screwed up from that and i guess that the brake got worse and worse as i drove the car and finally it completely failed me and sent me off the road, i wish i had taken a picture of the rotor because one rotor was completely chewed up because of the bad brake.

Quick Reply: accedent damage