Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

accedent damage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Yea man thats gonna be more to fix than you were quoted. Get an aluminum roof to replace that one and carbon hood and trunk
Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
some b17ch ran a red light and nailed me in the rear quarter panel. messed up the panal, rear bumper and wheel. oh and a bunch of suspention parts. made me slide into a curb with the other side damaging both wheels on that side. endid up costing about 15,000$
three new wheels and tires all new rear suspension rear bumper and quarter.
got the mr back after a month of rental cars and it was good as new.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Yea man thats gonna be more to fix than you were quoted. Get an aluminum roof to replace that one and carbon hood and trunk
yah i already talked to them and i am getting an aluminum roof, evo ix front and jdm evo ix rear and jdm evo viii mr tails, the guys down at the shop are way chill about it and they dont really care about the way i want it to be done as long as they get the money. plus i got another pic where you can kinda see the side damage, i am suprised at how well the car survived but i guess this all proves that i was going slow contrary to popular belief over on nasioc that i was trying to "drift"
Old Oct 26, 2006, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it depends on what body shop does the work that determines how much it cost. You should be able to get a couple estimates.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
my insurance isnt very expensive i pay like 120 a month. but mabee thats because i am not a kid and have a perfect record with like 100,000 miles i drive a year
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Gee, I wonder why the Evo is so expensive to insure? Everyday there is a new thread with some kid who barely knows how to drive a manual who has wrecked another Evo. IF YOU CAN'T DRIVE DON'T BUY A FAST CAR.

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. This is not neccessarily directed to the original poster. Thanks for listening!
i appreciate you saying that this wasnt necisarily directed to the poster but i dont understand why all of these poeple blame kids that they think cant "drive" i bet i have raced and autoxed my car more than most of the evo owners on here and i can assure you that i can drive a stick. so dont try to be so critical. seeing that i got second in a stock in my region this year only competeing for half the year i would like to think i can drive but just my .02 a lot of older people wreck their cars also, its just an accedent it can happen to everyone.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

i'm sorry i dont check my spelling on evom infid3l, i have better things to do so please only post if you have information for me that might help me out ok?
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We all have been kids too you know! and I cant spell well either, so dont sweat it! This kid posted this on here to get our support as EVO owners not get thrashed by us! if thats nasioc deal then we should step up and support our members!

I also can understand, if you had been street racing then a good spankin is in line but if this happened because of stupid and unpreventable reasons then your clear by my book! Dont worry what older people say because we are just upset because we never had sweet cars that young and we just now are getting them!

An honest mistake is an honest mistake and you should not worry about it.
VIVID RACING supports you, pm me and ill get you hooked up with some free stuff as well a discount on some of those parts!!! Again best of luck!!!!
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

That sounds really low to me...
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:11 AM

crazy little wreck man...glad ur ok!!
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evobeatsti
yah i already talked to them and i am getting an aluminum roof, evo ix front and jdm evo ix rear and jdm evo viii mr tails, the guys down at the shop are way chill about it and they dont really care about the way i want it to be done as long as they get the money. plus i got another pic where you can kinda see the side damage, i am suprised at how well the car survived but i guess this all proves that i was going slow contrary to popular belief over on nasioc that i was trying to "drift"

Last edited by EVIL_EVO_VIII; Oct 27, 2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Keep it productive or keep it out of this thread, PERIOD! Oh and INFID3L thanks for making us all so proud to have people like you in the community. What did this guy do here to deserve any of this?

Now back to being productive.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
VIVID RACING supports you,
Do you drop-ship your support, too?
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
Do you drop-ship your support, too?
If you want us to!!!!
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry for being an ***, but I have just seen way too many of these threads. There really is nothing the Evolutionm community can do for you. Your fate now lies in the hands of:

1.) your insurance company
2.) the law (if any cops were involved)
3.) the body shop (that is if the car isn't totaled, which I'm 90% sure it is)

Good luck!

Quick Reply: accedent damage