Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

accedent damage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
accedent damage

hey guys i rolled my evo into a ditch the other day (long story dont ask) well anyways the whole roof is collapsed in, the two passenger doors are screwed up the rear bumper and all 4 lights are jacked up with the fenders 2 wheels hood, front and rear control arms, and front bumper are all messed up and shattered windshield along with a few other things i cant think of right now. this is on an 05 evo VIII but i was wondering, the insurance company estimated that the repair costs would only be $7600 which i find unbelieveable, has anyone been in this situation or experianced this before. i would have guessed repairs to be more close to 15k and i dont want to get jipped by the insurance company and get crappy parts so let me know what you think. ps ill try to post pics when i get them.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What insurance company? For all that damage that estimate does seem low. Do you have pics?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

is the "A" pillars bent?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

If the A-Pillars arent bent this might be realistic. I really dont see how though if you rolled it.

good thing you are alive though!.

But I really dont see how it can only total 7600 my friend did that running through a fence and just trashing his front end. Headlights and everything were almost 2k!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

yah i had an accedent before where a truck backed into the front which only damaged one quarter panel 1 light the hood and bumper and that wreck was only $800 less than this roll so i dont understand where the insurance company is coming from, i am using all state by the way here let me get some pics up
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:48 PM
Pocket Mo

Get estimates from a few other places as well.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

get your car towed to the closest dealership.... they will give you a bill that the insurance company will $hit their pants over... theres no way thats all your car is going to need to get fixed... no offence man.

I just got my car rear ended and they said its going to be about 12,5XX to fix.

I would take that money and get a CF hood, CF trunk, JDM bumpers... the whole nine. Might as well if you have to replace.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scoob2evo
get your car towed to the closest dealership.... they will give you a bill that the insurance company will $hit their pants over... theres no way thats all your car is going to need to get fixed... no offence man.

I just got my car rear ended and they said its going to be about 12,5XX to fix.

I would take that money and get a CF hood, CF trunk, JDM bumpers... the whole nine. Might as well if you have to replace.
the thing is that i had it towed to the official dealership repair place thats where they gave me this estimate. i know that when they start digging into the car they will find thousands more in internal damage that they didnt have listed. when i i got my first repair price quote they forgot to include the price on the mirror and a few other things that i had to remind them about so i am pretty unsure about this whole deal
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

and sorry but i cant find any of the pics of the side damage as of now but when i get them i will post them.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

now that i look over the pics again it doesnt seem that bad... but it was still scary as ****
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

The front end pic doesn't look that bad. I'm interested in seeing the side and back pics.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

did the wing survive?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

How the hell did you roll it without bending the pillars??

How the hell did you get in the accident in the first place?? Let me guess it was either wet/gravel/sand and you busted kind dorifto into the ditch and rolled once over??

ewww.....good thing u are ok to talk to us about it....good luck with the fix
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

of course the wing survived. yah it was wet outside and i was going the speed limit and everything. there was a problem with my master cylender that had been around since my last accedent and at that point in the rain the brakes died on me and the car just kinda slid off the road. i was going like 2mph when i hit the mud and the car slowly rolled over into a ditch. my insurance didnt go up and i didnt get cited or anything because i didnt do anything wrong, the car was screwed up and all of the repair is getting completely covered. i dont even have to pay a deductable. it was way scary tho. the suprising thing is that i didnt even have a scratch on me i just kinda got out of the car and was fine.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

read the estimate carefully , some shaddy places will use base (i.e. normal lancer) estimate to cheat the insurance co. to approvefixing it , then they will claim ur car has 'special' package and skyrocketing the parts price more than ur car worth.

This happended to me before with another car , the costs to fix on quote is $22k and it ended up charged insurance co. as $27k

Quick Reply: accedent damage