Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

7 months with no damage....till now

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yah i would have wrote down the plate and type of car at the very least....i keep digital cam in my car for this exact reason....that way I can take a picture of the positioning of the cars and the plates and the vin just in case that jackass tries to say he wasnt there or whatever.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ehh, anyother day I would've waited for the guy to come out to his car, but a coworker went with me to the commander's call and we had to get back to our shop. I guess what I did to his car was retribution enough for me at the time.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

That is a bummer! I am so cautious around other peoples things and i cant stand it when someone does something like that to our hard earned cars It is bull$hit!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:19 PM
Account Disabled

I got a chance to look at the mark again and the touch up paint worked like a charm.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Sucks to hear! I had a similair incident. I was actually at work and there was a commanders call earlier...I leave work and get to my car and find a nice dent on my fender after about 3 months of owning the car(1st damage as well). Well, fortunately they left a note and the car was fixed on them after a few weeks. I'm thinking they left the note probably because a bunch of other people seen her hit my car after everyone was leaving the CC; next to security forces. Not too many people leave the ol note these days...hit and run is apparently cheaper(if you get away with it).
Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Thats GAY!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by theEVOdream
Sucks to hear! I had a similair incident. I was actually at work and there was a commanders call earlier...I leave work and get to my car and find a nice dent on my fender after about 3 months of owning the car(1st damage as well). Well, fortunately they left a note and the car was fixed on them after a few weeks. I'm thinking they left the note probably because a bunch of other people seen her hit my car after everyone was leaving the CC; next to security forces. Not too many people leave the ol note these days...hit and run is apparently cheaper(if you get away with it).
That's awesome. I wish this person would've done the same, but I guess no one saw them do it so I guess they thought it was a clean getaway.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks
Old Oct 27, 2006, 01:02 AM

you should have kicked it twice make sure you get them back real good
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
same thing happened to me. I drive in my EVo to Lexus Day this past Saturday, here in Brooklyn, NY. Parking lot is full and after few min I finally find a spot between 2 car, but I hate the idea of parking there. I do it anyway tho. I go stand in line to get my chance to drive IS350, but I can't stop myself from looking at my car making sure some idiot doesn't F#ck it up. A few times people that were parked next to me leave and new guys arrive, and every single time I left the line to go stand in front of my car to make SURE ***** won't hit my car.

Well it happened or that’s what I thought. Im sitting in IS250 waiting for the green light. A spot to the left side of my Evo got free and a blue Accord takes it. I just can't help myself and ignore the instructor whos trying to tell me the light has changes and Im ready to go, and I just keep looking at the guy in Accord fearing for my baby . The Accords door open, and they just swing wide open without control. The MOtherF#cker just pushed it wide open as if there were no car parked next to him, and he was in a hurry the get the **** out. From my point of view , the driver side of my Evo gets hit. I go nuts. I hit the horn, start cursing loudly, and Im jumping out of IS250 ready to go over the fence and kick this F@ckers ***. The instructor tells me to remain in the car, and he will talk to the guy while I finish my ride in the IS250. I go through the course so fast , I don’t even remember all of it. Get out of the car and just run to my Evo. I see the F#cker in Accord leaving but I get his license plate. I check my Evo but I can’t find any damage. I was SO relieved.

I liked the IS350, and wanted to drive it again but I just couldn’t let my baby sit in this parking lot and get butchered by ignorant people that have no respect for others property, so I left. I will NEVER EVER AGAIN go to such events in my Evo. I don’t drive my Evo to Malls, movie theaters, restaurants, or any other public places that require me to park outside unattended. Damn , I love this car.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Clos23
Out of habit, I look at my door to make sure there's no dents or dings,
i do this every time i get back in my car. people must think i'm nuts, i hunch down and inspect each door carefully before getting in.

sucks about your scratch though, people are seriously asshats and have no respect for other peoples property.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 06:27 PM
Account Disabled

I finally got a chance to wash and wax my car today, and sure enough I notice the scratch more.

Last edited by Clos23; Oct 28, 2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

let me guess - let the air out of his front right tire?
Old Oct 28, 2006, 06:37 PM
Account Disabled

Nah, gave him a scratch of his own to enjoy.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by EVO8904
YOu took it better than I would have...
Same here I would have gotten started from the passanger door on the other car and keyed all thw way around; then I would have drop kicked the other car on their driver side. (FYI JK)

I drive with my DD and I don'r understand why people find it okay to throw their door so far out so they can get out, I mean how much room do you need to get out, Sometime when I am early for class or something I seat and wait in my car and I see other dumbasses just hit other peoples **** and it doesn't even phase them...****ers.