Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

7 months with no damage....till now

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:36 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 months with no damage....till now

Well, it finally happened. After 7 months of owning my car, some idiot scratched my driver's side door.
I had to go to a commander's call about an hour ago and I parked my car a little away from all the other cars and in a spot where another car would only be able to park on my driver's side. Well, after it was over, I go out to my car and see a silver mustang parked next to me. Out of habit, I look at my door to make sure there's no dents or dings, and sure enough. there's a small 1/2 inch silver scratch on my door from that idiots door.
I was soooo pissed. I tried rubbing it out, but no luck. I just ended up putting some touch up paint over it. I was ready to kick a dent in that person's door, but I didn't. Just wanted to share with you guys. I can't understand how people can be so careless.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:39 PM
Pocket Mo

You should've made that douche pay for repairs. Even if I'm driving a beater I make sure that I don't go dinging other people's doors in a parking lot. It's common courtesy that seems lost in this day and age.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:42 PM
Account Disabled

Whovever's car it was, didn't come out after the commander's call, and I had to get back to work. Fortunately there was no dent from his or her door. Touch up paint worked pretty good. Hardly noticeable now. Probably will be more noticeable next time I wash my car.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YOu took it better than I would have...
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:48 PM
Account Disabled

Oh trust me, I did something. Not too proud of myself now that the touch up paint worked well.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:49 PM

sounds like you work on a military base...of all places i got my 1st ding/scratch on base as well...so i can relate to your story bro

lucky for me i had a 2 way pager and i hauled *** to see what happened saw the person just high tail out there thinking no one was around...reported to our secruity right away

next day the bastard had the nerve to park next to me again...secruity confronted him & got the confession/excuse didn't think caused any damage to my car

it was pay up sucker after that

sorry i have no sympathy for ppl that don't leave notes or take responsiblity when damaging other ppls vehicles....if it was me in that situation it would've been slice and dice time on some panels

Last edited by awdcomplex; Oct 25, 2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:59 PM
Account Disabled

Yup I work on an airforce base. That makes it even worse, cause shows that they have no integrity to at least leave a note.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:29 PM
Account Disabled

Military? So can you like do that thing with the bedsheet and a bar of soap in a sock to him?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Judging from signature, put the mods on the DSM on the Evo and tell me if its slow.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about the scratch. Nothing is idiot-proof unfortunately. Try using some langka on it and you won't be able to tell it was ever there -- http://www.langka.com/
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:38 PM

samething hapenned to me friday, was going on 11 months. and now today i find it another scratch.. but that's life i guess
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

I hate it when you park all the way in the back and you come back later to find a car parked right next to you when there are 15 other open spots to park at.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Roldy
I hate it when you park all the way in the back and you come back later to find a car parked right next to you when there are 15 other open spots to park at.
Yeah, that pisses me off too.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dan l
Military? So can you like do that thing with the bedsheet and a bar of soap in a sock to him?
If I did that, I'd be doing it to his nuts though.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Should have called Security Forces and filed a complaint. Then take that to the Judge Advocate office to file a grievance with the person who owns the car. If they deny it I'd claim it through the Legal Office who would more than likely pay for it. (Same deal if a storm knocked a tree into your window on base).

This is coming from a SSgt in the AF. I've been down this road....