Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

some people just can't drive..an accident occured. blah!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some people just can't drive..an accident occured. blah!!!

i was driving to school earlier today, and some old man decides to practically run a stop sign. its my right of way, and i see him approach the intersection i'm at. he decides to stop for a QUICK second [even told the cop those exact words]. next thing i know, im still going straight, and i look at him and hes about to hit my car. so i swerve a lil to try and aviod him. the dude doesnt even decide to slam on the brakes, but rather kept accelerating [what it seemed like with the amount of impact] . it seems as if my trunk lid shifted, i obviously need a new bumper, wheel well, rear left wheel assembly, and sum body damage. any ideas what else might need replacement? any adivce appreiciated. thanks!!! here's how it looks now:

ill get more pictures in tomorrow, i just came home from work and eating out for my friend's bday. but yeah, ill take pics of the inside of my trunk where the quarter panel is pushed in and more.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how the hell u get hit on both sides of the rear bumper?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Spun and hit something maybe?

Time for a JDM rear bumper
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:22 PM

how the hell u get hit on both sides of the rear bumper?
yeah, forgot to mention that since i dont wanna take it too long. but i did do a 180 and slid into a parked car.

as for a rear bumper, yeah i was thinking of getting a jdm IX rear. the rightside taillight has a very slight crack that isnt really visible, but im also think of replacing those too for jdm mr's to match my headlights.

hmmm, any other damaged looking pieces that i should replace for better looking parts?

Last edited by blackedout; Oct 25, 2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:31 PM
Pocket Mo

Might as well while you're replacing it.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

ugh

i really dont like the way that rear tire looks
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

control arms probably bent...also pop the trunk and remove the mat to see if anything in the spare tire well is bent
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Isn't your car considered salavge after this kind of an accident. It seems like your frame is bent. I would go after the insurance, have the pay for the new car. If you have mods - take them off and jump in the new evo. Personally I wouldn't want to keep my car after it had that kind of accident. I mean I could if it's fixed, I have no problems with salvage cars if the are fixed correctly, but definately I would hate for my car to get salvage title or even have car fax say it had an accident. It would be a nightmare to sell later on
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

the cop found the old fart at fault right?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your car is definitely not considered salvage, i did much worse in my 03 and it was fine... but you do have to really pay attention to your suspension... something like this happened to me and it was all messed up... the body shop kept replacing things until it was fixed... end up coming to just under 10000 when they were done
Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

what a f*cking retard. i can't believe some people. and then they don't think it's their fault (sometimes). wtf?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:35 AM

haha people like this shouldnt have a damn licence. i had owned my evo for about 3 minutes, i was leaving the dealership and some dumb biatch pulled right out in front of me from a side street...i was doing about 40mph and came extremely close to hitting her. i had to swerve into the other side of the road to avoid her. i would have beat her *** if she caused an accident, and i'm pretty fiesty for a 5'2" female
Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mdacko
haha people like this shouldnt have a damn licence. i had owned my evo for about 3 minutes, i was leaving the dealership and some dumb biatch pulled right out in front of me from a side street...i was doing about 40mph and came extremely close to hitting her. i had to swerve into the other side of the road to avoid her. i would have beat her *** if she caused an accident, and i'm pretty fiesty for a 5'2" female
you go girl
Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:57 PM
cMw
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mdacko
now thats what im talking about

sucks about the accident dude

old ppl seriously shouldnt have a license i cant even tell u the the encounters ive had in the past few weeks, its ridiculous
Old Oct 26, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

from the look of the wheels, your control arms are bent, does your car make that loud tire noise? if so it will be your bearings i think, just my opinion, glad you turn out fine.