Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need some help/ideas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need some help/ideas

I am having some problems and I'm out of ideas on what to try.

I just had a clutch installed, and after it was put back together, I am not hitting enough boost. I am tuned for almost 26 psi on meth and I'm only hitting about 12-13 psi. The weird thing is that it can be intermitant - I will occasionally hit full boost, usually when I first start out. I initially thought I had a boost leak...leak test showed a leak where my meth nozzle was inserted into my stock aluminum intake pipe, so a bung was welded in and the nozzle holder screwed into that - prefect, fixed that leak. I thought that would be the end of it, but when I picked it up and test drove it, still hitting 12-13, with an occasional 26. The weird thing is that once the car is warm, the only time I "seem" to hit full boost is if I am letting the clutch out while flooring it - but I can't even do that consistantly.

Do you think there could be an issue with the clutch install? I have the ACT XTSS with Streetlight flywheel. What other things might it be? I also thought maybe my boost controller went bad so I switched to the SBR MBC I had here, but I have it almost all the way tight and I can only consistantly hit about 18 - better than the other one, but still not making it all the way to 26.

Any ideas would be appreciated!!!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Check your lines to you MBC. 11-12 psi is base wastegate psi.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Found the problem...failsafe solenoid for my meth setup must have failed. Took it out of the MBC lines and boosting perfect now.

Thanks