Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

t case issue?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
t case issue?

so first off i would like to say i have an 05 evo, and i recently just put on a downpipe and ported the manifold. about 2 days later i tested it out and when i was revving in 4th and i switched gears, the rpms just kept rising another like 2k then it caught.. i duno if its just my driving or what, but i been doing the same thing for 2 years almost.. anywhoo about 2 days this happened i started to hear a loud whine like a siren when im in neutral coasting, 40-70mph its annoying loud, but never in boost or light city driving.. so what i want to know is if its my tcase dying on me, clutch slipping, walbro fuel pump being normal in cold weather, or just the cold weather in general..

would mitsu warrenty something like this or not if i turned everything to stock?
and its really odd because i havent launched it in awhile or been abusing her whatsoever, and i never heard of this happening from an 05 either which is weird

pls help!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

The first issue with the motor revving up while in gear sounds like a clutch slipping. Usually though if you smoke your clutch like that you'll notice a rather unpleasant odor for a bit after it happens. The whine could be a number of things, depending on where it's coming from. Maybe TOB, or if it's from the rear the fuel pump may be making some hum that's audible as the fuel level gets low??
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

bump for more answers
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Slipping clutch....
Old Oct 27, 2006, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

think im ruling out slipping clutch because it grabs great right now and nothing wrong with it and havent experieced the rising revs since when it happened(week later).. but i know after my tune my clutch will probably start slipping.. anyone else care to help me with my delemma
Old Oct 27, 2006, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Whine at highway speeds from your drive train is your TC. Revs go up but you dont go anywhere is your clutch.

Next time your on the highway in 5th gear start from like 2500-3000 RPM and mash the gas if its gonna slip it will slip then