Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wow .......

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow .......

ive only had my 06 MR for a few weeks now and ive driven it hard but not too hard. tonight i went on a pretty awsome canyon run for the first time, prob for a cool 30 40 minutes, and im so damn impressed with the handling and braking and everything on this car. i cant even describe it. it has no hesitation doing anything, i thought it was amazing to begin wth, then i pushed it even harder tonight, and im even more imrpessed, this freakin car is something else !!! i love it !!! cant wait to take this thing to the track.

fyi... im comming from a mustang , this car is like a whole new world. AMAZING !!!!
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Good to hear! EVOS RULE!
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06redMR
cant wait to take this thing to the track...this car is like a whole new world. AMAZING !!!!
Yep...the track will set you free.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

only thing that sucks about canyon running is that there are rarely any canyons that are nice and smoothly paved. they all have these screwed up patches of road with huge pot holes and all this crap. i hit a real hard sharp hit to my right front , maybe it was a sharp bump, or a pot hole, dont remember, i hate when that happens, makes u feel like ur gonna break ur car. but then again it is an evo, hopefully it can handle a few hard sharp bumps or holes without getting screwed
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^^
I always tell people to refrain from aggressive canyon runs...keep it on the track.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

A buddy of mine used to have a C5 vette...a pretty nicely modified one for that matter. Hes a pretty good driver...an instructor at some events. About a year ago he took me and another friend on a canyon run for kicks. He took the lead, i followed in 2nd position, and our other friend naturally took 3rd position. My friend had only had his vette for about 3weeks...on our way down the canyon, approaching a sharp left turn, he pretty much went straight off into the hill, got sideways, almost flipped, but somehow managed to keep his car on its left two wheels, and eventually slammed onto all fours. Since i was right behind him i saw everything ...it was amazing to say the least but definitely not worth it. And this guy is a pretty dang good driver. No matter what, its best to always keep it on the track. It would sorta suck if you went straight off, not into the mountian...but straight off of it.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep keep it on track. I have had friends fall off cliffs before although they survived. Canyons are unpredictable. Usually people run at night and when it is dark you cant see gravel or sand or oil for that matter and one mistake can send you off, so its really not a good idea unless you want to wad the car up. And potholes can cause you to lose it also, so if the pavement is uneven then use your brain and take it easy....you never know when an animal or something is just going to pop out at that next bend and then its too late. game over
Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

yea MR's are the ****

Be safe and ride smart
Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:48 AM

My friend almost fell off Malibu Canyon when he first got his car, dont think he ever went back, haha.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

it puts the "ZING" in AMAZING......ohhhhh,......................... ha ha ha
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

lol dont get the wrong idea guys, im not going CRAZY on the canyons, i know plenty of people that are retards and fly off clffs or into the sides of the mountain. i keep it safe and smart, but i just have fun, well call it "spirited" driving . im not going so fast where if 1 thing went wrong im flyng off the cliff. and these are canyons ive been running for years and ive been up and dwn 100s of times so i pretty much know all the turns etc so yes, canyon running isnt very safe if ur a big idiot about it, but i try to keep it under control , but just get a little thrill out of it. i try to save the extremly fast and crazy driving for the track, where u cant fly off cliffs or crash into the sides of mountains etc.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:16 AM

There is a really nice mountain path here in VA called shannandoah and its about 100 miles long. Its always a blast to run up there with a bunch of buddies that have evos. Even im not flying down the mountian, I always love just driving my car in the beautiful scenery.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

The only thing I worry about, on Canyon roads, or any other blind, curving road are the other idiot drivers that are on the wrong side of the double yellow lines. So dangerous.
O yea big rocks on the road are common too. Just some things to keep in mind, but like you said , you have been on those roads a lot so you know what you are getting into.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yah just be safe dude. Memorizing the turns is great, but eventually you will get confident about it and keep going faster until **** happens. Like a squirrel or skunk or something....then your reactions are to steer away.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:38 AM

It is crazy how well these cars grip. Once the tires are warmed up the evo is glued to the ground. Wait until it rains, the traction control is crazy, it will drive like its on rails.