Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oh S@#T my Evo got stolen!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2006, 02:55 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tracker
^^^^^
Understood, but when i think about it i really hate all this increasing amount of false sense of security.
I hear ya but you know what i hate even more? Having to worry about some ******* taking my hard-earned car. Having to worry about living next to such ****** that have not done anything productive in their stupid lives and only manage to live like leaches, stealing other's property.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 02:57 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EJEvo
I wouldn't think so - it's not an alarm, it's a key. You have to unplug it once the car has stopped, and plug it back in when you're starting it up. Check the web site - you'll find info there.

Ravelco has a very good rep, but it isn't flashy - it just works. That's why most haven't heard of it. Who wants an alarm system that doesn't make cool noises or needs constant attention so that everyone knows you've got an alarm system? This thing is pretty well hidden and has a plug that you have to put in and take out when you use the car, similar to your key. There's nothing to brag on. Way too many guys want the flash rather than the effectiveness.
100% correct. Thats how the fancy alrams get you - marketing and the lure of having the next cool gizmo. Me? I just want something to make it harder for someone to take my ride.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Ive heard of them before and heard the system was A++. I have a good alarm with a few little tricks that will work well. It is not possible that a theif will ever be able to drive my car away after I park it for the night he'll be there for a long time going WTF get mad and probably break somthing in my car. Us old Honda boys know how to layer the security. But +1 on nothing stoping a tow truck

So thanks for the imput Yur for alot of people this will be a great system. But if you know 12v you can make your car unstartable after you park it for the night for alot less.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:01 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Ive heard of them before and heard the system was A++. I have a good alarm with a few little tricks that will work well. It is not possible that a theif will ever be able to drive my car away after I park it for the night he'll be there for a long time going WTF get mad and probably break somthing in my car. Us old Honda boys know how to layer the security. But +1 on nothing stoping a tow truck

So thanks for the imput Yur for alot of people this will be a great system. But if you know 12v you can make your car unstartable after you park it for the night for alot less.
I agree, there are unique ways of doing things. I wrote this review for thos that want protection right now without having to learn DIY. About hondas... yeah, my bro had an teg that he custom rigged go honda-tech
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vboy425
smart one dumb ****. now everyone know about it.
LOL ... don't worry, that only stops the really dumb thiefs. Anybody stealing cars for a living knows most if not all of our "clever tricks"

sorry to stray OT, but the funniest idea I've heard to to hook up a Taser under the driver's seat, and rig it to go off if the car is stolen - of course it brings up all sorts of other risks, but damn!!!

That's justice with a smile..... However, The guy was advised against it because of potential law suites from the thiefs, like how it's illegal to rig a shot gun as a burglar deterrent
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yur
P.S. Pardon the question but why would anyone flatbed a civic?
Are you kidding Civics and Integras were the most stolen cars in the world till this EVO thing came about. Espescially a Civic with a B16. I used to crap my pants everytime I stepped out of my Teg. One of the reasons I got rid of it.

They are easier to bypass the ones with immobilizers too. You can plug in an earlier ECU that doesnt have the immobilizer and you off.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:06 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Sorry man, i just had to ask . I did not mean to ask why such interest in a civic, i meant why use a flatbed if you can just drive it away? But i guess that where the honda knowhow comes in as you pointed out previously
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Oh . Sorry I though you meant why bother stealing it
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nirvevo
sorry to stray OT, but the funniest idea I've heard to to hook up a Taser under the driver's seat, and rig it to go off if the car is stolen - of course it brings up all sorts of other risks, but damn!!!

That's justice with a smile..... However, The guy was advised against it because of potential law suites from the thiefs, like how it's illegal to rig a shot gun as a burglar deterrent
I remember seeing a video of a car alarm system that shot flames from underneath the car. It was more or less of an idea rather than an actual product...I think.

Has anybody else seen this video?
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yur
I hear ya but you know what i hate even more? Having to worry about some ******* taking my hard-earned car. Having to worry about living next to such ****** that have not done anything productive in their stupid lives and only manage to live like leaches, stealing other's property.
What comes around goes around, and what goes around comes around. Dont you luv people who always respond with clever statements?
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Insurance is my friend. Geico paid me more than my car was worth when it was stolen years ago more than I could have sold it for.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roldy
I remember seeing a video of a car alarm system that shot flames from underneath the car. It was more or less of an idea rather than an actual product...I think.

Has anybody else seen this video?
Yeah, that was the South African "Red-light Surprise". It was/is a way to stop the car-jackings there. Car jackings are really bad there. I think that thing was actually legal - at least for a while, don't know about now.

Edit: Legal in South Africa that is

Last edited by nirvevo; Oct 28, 2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tracker
What comes around goes around, and what goes around comes around. Dont you luv people who always respond with clever statements?
Oh crap, thanks for reminding me. Beer -> I want one -> But what am i having for dinner? -> Oh ****! I am supposed to prep dinner tonight and i have not even started, my wife is going to be pissed! Over and out.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I think I would almost rather them steal the car and have it never be found and totalled then, have them break into it, not be able to steal it, then proceed to f*ck sh*t up out of frustration and ignorance then, have to get it "fixed" and be stuck with a car that feels like damaged goods every time I drive it.

If this thing is not obvious the car is equipped with this thing and a deterrent to even thinking about stealing it there is a good chance the above could happen. Maybe this and an alarm would be a good layered defense.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
is this what itr owners put on their cars???

all i know is itrs are stolen like candy from that one isle in the grocery store that everyone "samples" from.

Quick Reply: Oh S@#T my Evo got stolen!