Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oh S@#T my Evo got stolen!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:03 PM

Location: From cali, work has dropped me off in Afghanistan however
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quit3frankly
sorry to hear that bro
??? Did you just read the title and not the post? it's ok Ive done that too, but yeah, sounds like a pretty good anti-theft, but not a deturrant, like ^^^said, I think that paired with another "loud noisy flashy blinking light" alarm would make a great 1-2 punch
Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

sounds like YUR works for this company and is trying to promote the product.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:35 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FartMuffler
sounds like YUR works for this company and is trying to promote the product.
I hope that was with a bit of humor in it. I have nothing to do with the company. Zero. I run a digital design agency (ask Rich from Orbital, we are doing his marketing and printing right now). Two very incompatible business directions. In fact i was going ti suggest to Ravelco that they at least offer several colors for the plug to match car interiors. The color of the plug is my gripe. Seriously, they dont even know i posted here. Its just that i've been reading all these "stolen" threads and thats what got me to do this install, thought i would share. Reason i may sound like i am defending this product is simply because all of the questions and comments posted here already went through my head when i was choosing a security system so i thought i would reply with the same counter logic that worked for my decision.

In terms of visuals, you can see the plug interface once you get into the car or if you scan the interior with your face pressed to the glass. Its well integrated though and does not take away from the clean interior.

Guys, dont install this device if you dont like something about it. Its just like installing a JDM rear - people post reviews and their thoughts and its you who decide if it works for you or not.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hotrod2448
I think I would almost rather them steal the car and have it never be found and totalled then, have them break into it, not be able to steal it, then proceed to f*ck sh*t up out of frustration and ignorance then, have to get it "fixed" and be stuck with a car that feels like damaged goods every time I drive it.

If this thing is not obvious the car is equipped with this thing and a deterrent to even thinking about stealing it there is a good chance the above could happen. Maybe this and an alarm would be a good layered defense.

I completely agree with you. Id much rather have the theif just steal the car and take it then bust everything he can (all glass, key it, ect ect. At least 5k in damages easily).

hey guys, let me ask you. Why do you pay for insurance? To pay for more alarms to get better discounts? Although that is a plus, you pay for it to protect your car and yourself. Let insurance do their job.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe we could implement some of these ideas in our own cars, enjoy

http://www.stickdeath.com/2002auto.html
http://www.stickdeath.com/2003auto.html
http://www.stickdeath.com/2004auto.html
http://www.stickdeath.com/2005auto.html
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dont Try To Run
I completely agree with you. Id much rather have the theif just steal the car and take it then bust everything he can (all glass, key it, ect ect. At least 5k in damages easily).

hey guys, let me ask you. Why do you pay for insurance? To pay for more alarms to get better discounts? Although that is a plus, you pay for it to protect your car and yourself. Let insurance do their job.
why do you pay for insurance and modify your car?

you think you'll get back all those man hours poured into making your setup exactly the way you want it? i've spent countless hours doing the smallest **** things to my car to make it the way i want it. to picture doing that ALL OVER again cuz some numb **** stole my car and i got a nice brand spanky new one..... that's just as bad as going to prison for the few months of time that i've lost. yeah life's not over... but how the hell do you start over????

when insurance starts covering my time spent which can't even be quantified precisely... i'll be more "care free"
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:09 PM

get a catless Greddy Ti and see how far they get by rolling it in 1st
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
???
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

are there any westcoast installers?
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Met Chuck Wingham like two years ago when he came to my house in Baltimore City...East Baltimore to be exact. There are an estimated 70,000 addicts in Baltimore along with many other thieves so I wanted the best ANTI THEFT DEVICE ON THE MARKET. After researching and speaking with other integra owners (including those who's theft was prevented by the Ravelco) I decided to get it installed. Knowing I had a enjine was fully built and could fit into any honda......plus many other mods that would go in any integra, etc I needed the best! I was blown away when Chuck told me it would only be $350 installed....

I parked my car on the street of Baltimore every night and slept fine therafter. I knew the only would be a tow truck buy my bedroom is in the front part of my pad so I could easily dicsern a damn tow truck! I never had a theft problem in the two years afterwards...but I finally totalled my GSR. I lost the car but not to theft, thanks to the RAvelco. I now own a 03 EVO 8 and am getting the Ravelco installed as soon as my car is out of the body shop.
I too was blown away when Chuck told me what he could about the system. He also told me when the Anti theft device was first created, they let two professional car thieves try to steal a car with a Ravelco installed and gave them an 1 hour to do so....after 20 minutes they gave up. This info is also on Ravelco website.

I sleep better at night knowing they can't cut my steering lock, clutch lock, etc....by pass the alarm, kill batterie, etc......that is why I am going to get another Ravelco asap. I don't know the original poster but thought I would post because my experience was just as fulfilling too...... I highly suggest this Anti Theft Device.....besides for $350 you will find nothing else that compares!

Good luck.

PS: You even get a discount for installin the device on other vehicles.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:36 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

In response to "i'd rather have it stolen"... i love my car. Its mine. Its exactly how i want it. A few months from now when all 9 MRs are sold - how will i replace mine? I dont want to buy used. I dont want the SE and i dont want the X, at least until it proves itself. I want my car the way i have it now and the way i will modify it to my taste. If you look at monetary value, most things can be replaced but its not how much it costs its what its worth to you and to me my car is worth more than the check i would get from my insurance company. Besided, lets say you drive your car for a year. You got it brand new and you know every inch of it. You know what to expect from it. Now somebody steals it and you get a check for it's current "value". So now what? That check is not going to buy you a new one. Spend more money and time just to get to where you were before your car got jacked? I dont see any logic in that.

Again, thats just me. You guys do what you want to do. Alarm, no alarm, pull fuses do whatever makes you happy. My post was for those who dont want their car stolen and are looking for a security system that works best of all systems on the market. Take my post for what it is guys - shared experience.

To boostingevo8: Is it me or do all Apex Silver guys think alike? Clean looking teg man, reminds me of my brother's teg. Maybe you know him, he was "Alexander" on honda-tech and he would do very nice photo-shoots. He sold his teg recently and replaced it with a Wicked White 9 MR.

Last edited by Yur; Oct 28, 2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Yur
In response to "i'd rather have it stolen"... i love my car. Its mine. Its exactly how i want it. A few months from now when all 9 MRs are sold - how will i replace mine? I dont want to buy used. I dont want the SE and i dont want the X, at least until it proves itself. I want my car the way i have it now and the way i will modify it to my taste. If you look at monetary value, most things can be replaced but its not how much it costs its what its worth to you and to me my car is worth more than the check i would get from my insurance company. Besided, lets say you drive your car for a year. You got it brand new and you know every inch of it. You know what to expect from it. Now somebody steals it and you get a check for it's current "value". So now what? That check is not going to buy you a new one. Spend more money and time just to get to where you were before your car got jacked? I dont see any logic in that.

Again, thats just me. You guys do what you want to do. Alarm, no alarm, pull fuses do whatever makes you happy. My post was for those who dont want their car stolen and are looking for a security system that works best of all systems on the market. Take my post for what it is guys - shared experience.

To boostingevo8: Is it me or do all Apex Silver guys think alike? Clean looking teg man, reminds me of my brother's teg. Maybe you know him, he was "Alexander" on honda-tech and he would do very nice photo-shoots. He sold his teg recently and replaced it with a Wicked White 9 MR.

Yea man....... I wanted to post because when I read your thread it totally brought back that day, plus I was already in the making of having it installed yet my car got rear ended and is in the body shop. I feel much more confident about seeing my car in the morning when that " ANTI THEFT DEVICE" is installed.... but hey, maybe we both work for RAVELCO and this is all just a conspiracy J/K, lol. Cheers
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

this should come stock on all honda's
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

I like the system, looks like a good idea and certainly cheaper than this one, but have you considered one of these http://guidepointsystems.com/index.shtml ?
Old Oct 28, 2006, 06:00 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gaijin
I like the system, looks like a good idea and certainly cheaper than this one, but have you considered one of these http://guidepointsystems.com/index.shtml ?
I have and i did my research. First, it does not prevent anyone from driving off in your car. Second, it can be defeated. These days anything that depends on, transmits or receives any kind of signal can be swiftly shut down. Its a cool system but i just did not feel that it bought me any time in terms of making it difficult for someone to steal the car. I am not against it though. Its a bit expensive when you get the full package but it does give you some info if you are not dealing with serious pros. I did have LoJack advance warning installed at the dealership and to be honest i dont know if it will ever pay for itself.

Quick Reply: Oh S@#T my Evo got stolen!