Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oh S@#T my Evo got stolen!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boostingevo8
That's right....go to their website. All the wires are black and hiddin inside the enjine bay.....not including the dummy wires. go back further in the thread and read and YUR talks about this same question. Dude who said anything about it being HOLY? Just trying to steer EVO owners toward a great Anti Theft device for a low cost but if you think you have something better that's cool.

Peace.
So what's your financial interest in Ravelco? Because you obviously have one.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roberto
I thought this thread was about someone's Evo getting stolen. I open it up, and find it's nothing but obvious spam for a car alarm company or distributor.

I'm amazed mods have not deleted this spam.
Quoted For Truth.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 01:18 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by -=SPECTRE=-
Quoted For Truth.

So what's your financial interest in Ravelco? Because you obviously have one.
Did you at least read the post? Why dont you put your money where your mouth is and tell me why my post is spam? No, seriously, lets hear it. Why is a guy that shares his positive experience and gives people a bit of insight into the whole procedure posting spam. I would like to know. And also, why is anyone replying to the thread in a positive manner also somehow interested in the product money-wise? Going with your logic, the guy who posted about those tire rack vipers is also not providing any valuable service to the community, is posting spam and should be banned? Did you read the part where i say "I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RAVELCO"? I have no other interests besides sharing my experience with people who either dont know this system or dont know whats involved in the install. No financial interest. No association with the maker or installer. If this forum has rules against posting about personal experience associated with Evo ownership, please point me to the fineprint and i will never post here again.

Are you saying that i am telling lies here? Why dont you come out and just say it. Other people raise questions about the system and compare to something different. I have no problem with that. This is an open discussion forum. Know of a good system or of a flaw in the one I PAID FOR - let me know. Maybe i am missing on something beter. I do however take great offense in someone clearly disrespecting me and accusing me of telling lies. You only have enough IQ to question my personal integrity. You even go further and insult other people that just happen to agree with me. Well, i'll tell you right now mate - either you prove that i have even the slightest association with the manufacturer or installer or dont ever accuse me of telling lies. Do you comprehend?

Quoted for truth? The only truth here is that both you and the other moron dont have any respect for people you dont even know. You are so paranoid that any attempt by someone to just post free unbiased information for the sake of possibly giving people something new is considered an attempt to promote a product. Other people that somehow agree with me are also "on the take" and "obviously" have financial interest in the product. Paranoid to no end... Oh crap! That guy held the door open for me on his way out - he must be a ***! You are screwed in the head mate, get some help.

Last edited by Yur; Oct 31, 2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
No doubt it appears that Ravelco is a tough product to defeat, but I think that you aren't giving fair credit to a well-thought out alarm install. With a good fuel cut system wired into one of the alarm's extra outputs, cutting all the alarm wires will dash any hopes of getting the car started in less than one minute (and can be much longer if the fuel cut is properly hidden). And alarm modules can be placed out of easy access. As far a stopping the noise, I can keep it running for at least three more minutes by putting a battery backup siren under the airbox. To shut it up, they'll have to remove the airbox, rip out the siren, and smash it. And if they still want to drive the car, they'll have to reinstall the airbox, and that's assuming they didn't accidentally tear out the MAF wiring when they were removing the airbox and they found the fuel cut.

I think the best feature of the Ravelco is the price. An alarm offers more convenience features than the Ravelco though. Just depends on what you want.
see the fuel cut idea is great, that way if they chop everything you made them disable something! exactly what revalco does.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:33 PM

sorry to hear that budd,
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Firstoff,

Ravalco is a great product, ESPECIALLY for the price. But, to be honest, once a theif is in my car, i want him to take it. If he can't start it for more then 5 minutes, do you honestly think he will just open the door, kindly close it, and say toodles? I HIGHLY doubt it. He will destroy everything he can on the car (all glass, key the hell out of the car, destroy the interior, strip what he can.... ect!). Hell, i know of a person who had one of the best security systems on his car... It DID prevent his S2000 from being stolen, but it also ended up having a ****ed up car that was lit on fire combined with his whole front yard, windows of his house, and landscaping being ruined. The car was gone, as was most of the house.

If they want the car, they will get it. That is all there is to it. If they don't get it, they wont walk away with a smile on their face, they will get back at you.

And P.S.- Why is Ravelco not more noticable. A sticker, flashing light, ect. Let people know that you have it so they move on to the next car, instead of ****ing up yours and your yard....
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Most professional car thieves are not going to stick around to key a car they can't steal. And I'm not so sure that the fire/house/yard connection is applicable to a majority of theft attempts.

I agree on the visibility issue but I'm not sure that Ravelco doesn't provide warning stickers or the like.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:50 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

Yeah, they gave me two stickers. I just dont like how they look. They are too big (almost the size of your palm) with a white background so i did not put them on. I was thinking of having custom stickers made but i later on decided against it - thats taking it too far.

Last edited by Yur; Nov 1, 2006 at 08:08 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yur
Sometimes i wonder why i bother... honestly. You take the time to review something and lay out your thoughts and logic and in return, instead of saying "hmm... maybe i should research it more" or even "yeah, i know, but its not for me" people start arguments, accuse each other and make a big deal out of it. Lighten up people. Its free information. Why the F are you all so paranoid. You dont like this system, fine, dont buy it. Go on with your lives and dont even worry about car security. All this hostility is just sucking the freaking will out of me. Not one freaking person replied with at least "Thanks, i never heard of this thing" or "Cool, gotta check it out".
You're fighting a tough crowd here. Most of the people that post here are more interested in the "marketing" aspect of whatever they put on their car (i.e. -- hey, look at me!) than the actual logical aspect. I think it's a great idea:

-it's unconventional; the fact that it's not mainstream gives it an advantage
-it's complex enough that a genius won't be able to figure it out in an adequate amount of time

Personally, I wouldn't even put a sticker on my car to advertise that I have a security system (Ravelco or otherwise). That is one of the WORST things you can do security-wise.

It's low profile, and I like it. I may be biased though, since I'm more interested in protecting my car than the contents of it.

Cabo
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bump- curious to hear about what kind of alarm systems/disabling devices evo guys are running now days? highly considering putting a device in my evo...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy ****ake batman! 9 year necro-bump. Time for a new thread dude
Old Jan 30, 2015, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Call him George, he hides in the trunk. All seriousness though Ravelco has worked for me but having to plug/unplug and carry said plug around is another thing to worry about.

Last edited by iD33; Jan 30, 2015 at 02:00 AM. Reason: ****s and giggles
Old Jan 30, 2015, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hatesposers
Holy ****ake batman! 9 year necro-bump. Time for a new thread dude
Why new thread? A lot of good, relevant information in here
Old Jan 30, 2015, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Welcome to the new century! Search for this on Amazon.
"Sourcingbay® Tracking Drive Vehicle Car Tracker Gps/gsm/gprs System Real-time Google Map Tracking"
Old Feb 1, 2015, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Compustar/with computrack.
Originally Posted by 6spdlegend
bump- curious to hear about what kind of alarm systems/disabling devices evo guys are running now days? highly considering putting a device in my evo...