Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What other cars have you considered/tried before buying your Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was thinking about getting a 04 lincoln ls but the dealership couldnt finace me or find me the options i wanted.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:10 AM

I just test drove an Evo IX last week and fell in love. I used to own a '03 WRX, that went from stock, to 220 whp, to 330 whp before I sold it. Naturally, I drove the STi as well. The look/ feel of the Evo just appeals to me more now, although I love the STi, especially the new Limited Edition, I like the rawness of the Evo a little bit more. I plan on driving one again this week and sitting down to talk numbers.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

2nd hand E46 M3.

Got the evo, couldn't be happier!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

i was looking at the infiniti g35, nissan 350z and yes a mazda rx-8
Old Oct 30, 2006, 06:32 AM

when the Z and the Evo first came out in 03, i opted for the 350z. i guess i chose it for the fact that it looked better and i was young and wanted a sharp sporty looking car over a 4door. after 3 years with the Z i finally sold it for an Evo and it was the best decision i couldve made. i really wish i chose the Evo back in 03, but I still had a lot of fun with the Z autoxing and showing it. i also woudlnt have met my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years if i didnt have the Z, so i guess that made it worthwhile
Old Oct 30, 2006, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

I had a 3G Eclipse. Then bought a WRX. Then bought an Evo. Great Choice!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shadykilla717
I have a chevy cavalier as my first car. Then a civic ex and a civic si. Civic si Is a slow car till moded, then it gets the feel of it being fast. Well faster. I was gonna test drive a 350z but it was raining and didn't wanna bother. I was gonna test drive an STi. But felt insulted by the salesman trying to explain the STi to me and I knew more then him.. So I said F this. I went to mitsu and I'm gettin my evo wed )
Hey,
sorry to hijack the thread, would you mind telling me where u getting your evo? i went to the dealer thats on northen boulevard but they were to expensive comparing to other ones.

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:37 AM

i looked at some small truck like tacomas, but since i got outa dirtbiking im all over getting a car, i like cars way more..

i looked at the 350z, my brother in law had one and it was fun but definatly not an option since it has no backseat...

g35 coupe looked nice, 4 doors which was a plus...but for the price it wasnt worth it..its more luxery than sports car

i looked at the Subarus, seemed a lil high for my price, even all the used ones with 30k + miles were still way more expensive than what south coast mitsu was selling evos..i really like subarus alot, but my buddy got one and plus the price tag was high, so i decided to get the EVO just so hed have a lil competition and rag on him...i dont regret buying the evo at all, its my dream car now and wouldnt trade it for anything

i looked at pretty much every car manufacturer with cars i could afford and the EVO was the best performance car for the money
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:59 AM

Interesting that you didn't consider an E46 M3. It fits somewhere between the Japanese cars and the 911. You were looking at a wide range of options here.

My guess is that money wasn't a concern. Consider that you could buy 3 Evo's for the price of a "real" 911.

Good choice! I have the same car with 1300 miles. Just had my first oil change on Friday. Lovin it but those tires are noisy as hell when cold.

Are you worried about theft in Jersey? I lived in Kearney in the late 90's while at UMDNJ. I suppose that if you didn't have to park in the city it wouldn't be too bad.