Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much would an Evo cost if you had to buy each part separately?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
In general, I've read it would cost someone 4-5 times the price of the car if they were to buy the individual parts themselved and attempt to build it. So a $30,000 car would cost $120,000 - $150,000 approximately. It all has to do with retailing and economies of scale.
I agree
Old Oct 31, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

its alot because of the mark up on the parts. Its more like how much would it be to build the car from mitsu parts if u could get them all at cost instead of markup

Also you have to factor not all parts are made by mitsu, like the brakes and what not. I know the whole assembly on the pressure plates that the TOB attaches to is not made by mitsu, theres one company in japan that has a patent on that design and they make it for all the evos and subaru pull type clutches, dont believe me call act or mitsu and ask if u can order it cuz you cant
Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:21 PM

wholly crap i have no idea :P but prolly overf 100k if your thinnking about building one like that spare yourself and just buy one lol, lataa