Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

#4 Most RELIABLE Auto Mfg. MITSUBISHI - 2006

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing about the Evo is that if we all kept it stock and treated the car nice it would probably last past 200k miles without major issues.

We don't keep it stock though =P
Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Buy a 10 yr old evo with 100k on it and I doubt very much you would consider it reliable over ~5 yrs of ownership. I bought an AWD DSM new and it was/is a very, very, very reliable car, especially considering how complex it it- it's not a Civic. I still have it; 270k miles and the head hasn't been off. It wasn't abused and was well maintained over the years- that's the key. And good engineering up front of course. The people that think the DSMs were crap because they bought a ragged out, poorly maintained, 10 yr old one crack me up.
An EVO with 100k on it compared to a DSM with 100k on it will be much more reliable, especially when we are talking about modded ones.

There have been 4 DSMs through my family as well as many friends with them, and my brother still has his 1991 AWD with 288k on it. When theyre modified, they dont hold up, period. While of course any 10+ year old car will have problems, a modified DSM will have a lot more, that was my point. However, I never expected my Talon to be reliable after all, I bought it for $3500 and it was over 400HP.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

PUAHAHAHAHHAHA i cant believe u guys are buying this rating.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

I buy it. Mine is an '04 with 50K miles with Zero issues. Been 100% reliable. Of course it's stock, but that's what the consumer reports is looking at.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
PUAHAHAHAHHAHA i cant believe u guys are buying this rating.
Why should we not?
Consumer reports is very reputable and the data is based off over a million vehicles and the #1,2,3 companies are no surpise, Lexus, Toyota, Honda, which are known for being the absolute best in terms of quality. So I guess everyone else is just a fluke