Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

aem gauge help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 08:39 AM
mjo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigric09
he said the truboost.... i bet its showing neg 14... as far as the lights go, they wont show until you are in boost ... so as you boost the lights will illuminate where they are suppose to... either way, go do some basic driving, get into boost a little and see if the number counts from 14 to 0 and then back up to something else, maybe 4 or 5 if you are driving conservatively
You are right. Excuse me. I was looking at the first point, not the second.

mjo

SRT-8
Old Nov 1, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
hey wont show until you are in boost ... so as you boost the lights will illuminate where they are suppose to... either way, go do some basic driving, get into boost a little and see if the number counts from 14 to 0 and then back up to something else, maybe 4 or 5 if you are driving conservatively
i wish i had the car to look at it but i remember the lights not going on at all for the truboost, only the number was showing. and maybe that is -14 ill check that out thanks.

but the a/f still bounces around like crazy and goes into the red, and then sometimes when im just cruising it gives me a - - - reading instead of numbers
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my version doesnt put the minus sign before the vaccum but it is definitly the vaccum reading. You can send it in to AEM and get the minus sign added for free.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
my version doesnt put the minus sign before the vaccum but it is definitly the vaccum reading. You can send it in to AEM and get the minus sign added for free.
ok thanks man, and yea im pretty sure its vaccum now that ive been driving it around for a while. it stays at 18 and then when i start boosting goes to lower numbers then all the way up to 22, so im guessing its working well. but my bars arent lighting up around the numbers. any idea y that is?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
no experience with the true boost gauge so i can give any info but with the wide band 15 is a tad(too lean) should have that checked out

Last edited by raiceboi697; Jan 17, 2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
Thats right. The first version doesn't have the -. The way you know if it's reading vaccum is there won't be any lights on the outside. If the lights on the outside are lit, it's reading boost.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 04WWRS
Thats right. The first version doesn't have the -. The way you know if it's reading vaccum is there won't be any lights on the outside. If the lights on the outside are lit, it's reading boost.
my lights on the outside arent lighting at all like i said before. i think its reading the boost and maybe the lights on the outside are broken
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also, in the pictures it shows like a ring of lights but in reality it only lights 1 led at a time as it goes around. You could check the gauge range. Put the Full setting at 30.

how to:
Hold both buttons for 3 seconds and release, then it will say PRG

Hold both buttons again for 3 seconds and it will go to Units (PSI / BAR)

Then you can just press both buttons for a moment to flip through the settings until you see full -> use the right button to make this value 30, (this makes the gauge a 30psi gauge). Once your done doing that press both buttons together a few times till it says RUN
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

ok thanks, yea no bars light up, not even one at a time. i'll try that thanks