Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

aem gauge help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aem gauge help

didnt get any help in the aem ems section so i figured maybe someone would see it here that could help...

1) air/fuel gauge - bounces around even at idle, when im driving it goes across the whole gauge but usually stays in the yellow around 15

2) tru boost - at idle it stays around 14psi and the bars that are suppose to be the needle doesnt even light up

3) serial gauge - doesnt seem like theres anything that noticeably wrong but most of the bars are always in yellow. they should be in green right?
Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

1-all AFR's move a little. 15 is quite lean however. I hope thats not tha case when you are in boost.

2-dont know this one

3-you have to program the parameters on this gauge with the software.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

yea idk y it would be lean and the parameters would be off tho, cause turbotrix installed and tuned everything
Old Oct 30, 2006, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rraulston
1-all AFR's move a little. 15 is quite lean however. I hope thats not tha case when you are in boost.

2-dont know this one

3-you have to program the parameters on this gauge with the software.
um... 15 is not lean at all when idling.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

14.7 is idle norm. 15 is of course quite o.k. at idle. At sub-0 boost at cruise, 15 would be o.k. IN BOOST 15 will take out your motor.........SO if in full boost you got an AFR of 15, you have 2 choices. Your tune sucks and your gauge is correct or your tune is good and your gauge is off. I would take it back and have it checked........rrr
Old Oct 31, 2006, 05:08 PM

when you get this figured out i would like to know :P gonan have one instaleld in mine too in the near future :P later
Old Oct 31, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

i'll try to get back to u guys about it but it might be tough considering im at school in boston and the cars in jersey. i would have my dad take it for a drive to check it out but he cant drive stick. would just reving it in the driveway read the same thing as if i was driving?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Turbotrix is respectable, they will check it for you ime sure.......
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

o yea turbotrix is great, its probably not even them, its probably just me not understanding how they work yet haha, thats y i was asking u guys
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JerseyEvo
i'll try to get back to u guys about it but it might be tough considering im at school in boston and the cars in jersey. i would have my dad take it for a drive to check it out but he cant drive stick. would just reving it in the driveway read the same thing as if i was driving?
ive never heard of a "dad" that cant drive a stick. but the gauge isnt going to read the same just revving it up in the driveway compared to driving
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JerseyEvo
didnt get any help in the aem ems section so i figured maybe someone would see it here that could help...

2) tru boost - at idle it stays around 14psi and the bars that are suppose to be the needle doesnt even light up
Are you sure your gauge doesn't show -14 ? If I'm not mistaken they read in vaccum on the newer versions of them and at idle and normal driving it will stay in vaccum .
Old Nov 1, 2006, 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

it reads 14 sometimes but when im driving its bouncing around everywhere from way lower than that to really lean
Old Nov 1, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

The boost gauge doesn't show lean . It shows either boost or vaccum , when it displays vaccum it gives a reading in a negative number ( - 14 ) . Vaccum will go up and down as you are driving like if you down shift the rpms are high without giving it gas the vaccum will go higher ( - 20 ) or so . If you give it a little throttle it will go down and into boost .
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:11 AM
mjo

Originally Posted by SVT2Evo?
The boost gauge doesn't show lean . It shows either boost or vaccum , when it displays vaccum it gives a reading in a negative number ( - 14 ) . Vaccum will go up and down as you are driving like if you down shift the rpms are high without giving it gas the vaccum will go higher ( - 20 ) or so . If you give it a little throttle it will go down and into boost .
He's talking about the A/F Gauge at around 15

mjo

SRT-8
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mjo
He's talking about the A/F Gauge at around 15

mjo

SRT-8
he said the truboost.... i bet its showing neg 14... as far as the lights go, they wont show until you are in boost ... so as you boost the lights will illuminate where they are suppose to... either way, go do some basic driving, get into boost a little and see if the number counts from 14 to 0 and then back up to something else, maybe 4 or 5 if you are driving conservatively

Quick Reply: aem gauge help